Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Headache/Migrane

C

CBS

Jan 7, 2014
I have been experiencing piercing headaches either during my workout or immediately after. They usually go away after an hour or so. Today during my workout, leg day, it was so bad that I absolutely couldn't continue. I would call it a migrane. I have read that this isn't that uncommon, and I probably shouldn't worry too much, but has anyone else experienced this? Is there any prevention for this? Is it safe to continue my workouts if it keeps happening? Thanks

In addition to the excellent info Dr Jim gave you, and assuming you are in fact dealing with benign exertional headache, I'll just add that you should D/C the offending exercise for at least a couple of weeks - maybe more. For whatever reason, these headaches seem to reoccur easily for several weeks after the initial attack.

You mentioned it happened on leg day and squats are notorious for triggering these damn things. Whatever the exercise, when you startup again, start slowly with light weight and concentrate on posture and form, then slowly start increasing weight. If the headache reoccurs, stop.

Regards

CBS

M

Michkid1

Apr 27, 2014
Yes, good info indeed. Hopefully none of that comes to fruition. I was doing goblet squats after after a heavy set of back squats when it happened. I think I will give them a rest for a couple of weeks, and re-tool my leg day, it's time for a shake up anyway. Thanks for the feed back guys!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic