Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Hawkeye's Road to Recovery

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011

I saw that...I'm really open to anything. Really my surgeon didn't think I would ever get as far as I did. I just hate that this elbow has held me back. I'm tired of the injuries. But it's a lot of my fault. What I have done to my body up to this point is on me. I stretch and do mobility stuff now that I never did before. But like my wife told the one doctor (I had to go to a rhumetologist first before my surgeon would look at me again) he is never going to stop lifting. He will die first. LOL. She is right. I ain't gonna quit.

Excessiveone

Excessiveone

MuscleHead
Apr 6, 2012
I saw that...I'm really open to anything. Really my surgeon didn't think I would ever get as far as I did. I just hate that this elbow has held me back. I'm tired of the injuries. But it's a lot of my fault. What I have done to my body up to this point is on me. I stretch and do mobility stuff now that I never did before. But like my wife told the one doctor (I had to go to a rhumetologist first before my surgeon would look at me again) he is never going to stop lifting. He will die first. LOL. She is right. I ain't gonna quit.

Hawk, if your lucky you'll meet your maker with Iron in your hands.
When I got my knee fixed my wife said I'll just tear it up again, lol.
Great to hear your taking mobility seriously this will lend the ounce of prevention factor for the future.
Old injuries can lead to new ones, think this might be the case with your elbow. Flossing as shown in the video will give you immediate feedback on if its going to be beneficial in this case. Only out the cost of the voodoo bands and one step closer to coming out of the closet. lol

My Experience;
Have a bone spur on my knee that sometimes gives me workout ending pain. Used the flossing technique with great success for being able to not only finish a workout but set a pr that same day.

Hopes this tip helps, like to see you making 5pps rattle again.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
September 18, 2013

Flat Bench
135x20
225x15
315x10
405x8
425x5,5,5,5,5

Band Pressdowns
Purple Band x25,25,20,20

Lateral Front/Side Raises
10x25/25,10x25,25,10x25,25

Overhead Cable Extensions
90x10,10,10,10

Grenade Underhand Reverse Extensions
10x25,25,25,25

No specific program going.....MRI next week.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Hawk, if your lucky you'll meet your maker with Iron in your hands.
When I got my knee fixed my wife said I'll just tear it up again, lol.
Great to hear your taking mobility seriously this will lend the ounce of prevention factor for the future.
Old injuries can lead to new ones, think this might be the case with your elbow. Flossing as shown in the video will give you immediate feedback on if its going to be beneficial in this case. Only out the cost of the voodoo bands and one step closer to coming out of the closet. lol

My Experience;
Have a bone spur on my knee that sometimes gives me workout ending pain. Used the flossing technique with great success for being able to not only finish a workout but set a pr that same day.

Hopes this tip helps, like to see you making 5pps rattle again.

Buddy of mine is supposed to bring his Voodoo Floss in or I have another guy who has Rogue wraps which is basically the same as Voodoo Floss.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
September 21, 2013

Squats (No belt/No sleeves)
135x20
225x15
315x10
405x5
455x3
500x3,3,3

That's it...pretty pathetic, but unfortunately, when you don't lift more than a couple times a week if that, your mangina grows!! Had to scoot anyway. Daughter had a soccer game. She even scored a goal and they won. :aparty43:

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
500 for 3 triples w/ no sleeves or belt isn't to pussified if you ask me.

F

Flathead

Jul 20, 2011
Hey big dog, happy to see your still smashing it out!!!! You've always been one to put in the work!!!

Flat

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I had to share the weirdest dream I have had in awhile. First, let me preface, I have had two 70+ hour work weeks so it's been a bastard trying to juggle work, school, family life....oh wait what's missing? Sadly, lifting. I haven't had time. I ran a few times but cardio sucks and I won't count that. LOL. Anywho, fell asleep last night after watching the USC/ASU game. So the dream goes like this. I'm really dejected and burnt out on lifting and I'm hanging out with Dan Green. I mention how it's probably time to accept my limitations and just train. Dan like a wise profit goes on this long soft spoken speech about training is about you and pushing yourself to the limits and all the same rah rah stuff....so he asks me to train with him and mentions he hopes it will inspire me. Oddly enough, were getting ready to train and I advise Dan I'm open to train "like Dan Green." So we are getting ready to do seated rows. Dan loads 100's of pounds on this bad boy. I'm thinking "I'm gonna get smoked." So he methodically is loading and walking around. I'm waiting with some anticipation at how many times he is gonna pull this crazy weight loaded up. He reaches in his gym bag located right beside the row machine, sits down in the row position, smashes a Big Mac, and rows it like three times, falls over on his side, and says, "That's all I got today." I woke up with that "WTF?" feeling you get when a weird ass dream wakes you. On a side note, I stayed up and rolled in a got a 4 am workout. So, something good came from it. LOL.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic