Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
-eat 2lbs of meat and 300-400g of carbs EVERY DAY
-drink 1 gallon water,32oz millk with heavy cream in it, one soda EVERY DAY
-lift at least 4 days a week

Now do those 3 things

You WON'T have any excuses then
With all due respect I'll politely disagree with that bybon, unless you want to gain weight regardless of whether it's muscle or fat. There's better approaches than following something like that.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
With all due respect I'll politely disagree with that bybon, unless you want to gain weight regardless of whether it's muscle or fat. There's better approaches than following something like that.

It worked for Bybon. My friend SAD drank a gallon of chocolate milk per day to get into the 308 class. Fat gain wasn't so bad surprisingly. If you're training hard, you're body will put things to use. Especially if you're pushing your limits of size. Some people's bodies don't want to hold x amount of weight. You FORCE it to by driving up your calories. Eating chicken broccoli and brown rice isn't a solution.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
It worked for Bybon. My friend SAD drank a gallon of chocolate milk per day to get into the 308 class. Fat gain wasn't so bad surprisingly. If you're training hard, you're body will put things to use. Especially if you're pushing your limits of size. Some people's bodies don't want to hold x amount of weight. You FORCE it to by driving up your calories. Eating chicken broccoli and brown rice isn't a solution.
Yeah fair enough, but just from a health point of view I couldn't personally do it. My cholesterol would shoot through the roof lol.

bybon

bybon

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2011

Here's the problem-you got one life to live, time is precious..you wanna waste years reaching goals when theres a shitload more goals to do, then by my guest

What's more time saving?

1) bulk all out, but dropping cals a bit and/or adding cardio if too much fat is started to be gained

2) bulk while trying to serve yourself to keeping zero fat from coming, or even losing fat

NUMBER 1 of course, REACH YOUR GOALS AS QUICK AS POSSIBLE

btw, to minimize fat gain:

PICK A WAIST SIZE NUMBER, and don't go past it-this is the amount of fat YOU are comfortable with gaining. For me it was 38" waist before I dropped cals a bit

Once you hit or get close to your waist size limit, drop cals and/or add cardio

Like I said, feel free wasting precious time trying to serve two masters at once

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Fair enough, thanks for your input bybon.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I wouldn't even dare think about recomp or trying to gain lbm without fat gain unless the person was on gear
Yeah, well I admit that that is something I know nothing about.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Back on track, look forward to following your log and how your training come along.

Are you planning to log all of your workouts in here?

jd66

jd66

May 31, 2012
I want to make sure you get help bro, so I'm not being mean here. But I need to nail you down for a straight response. You said when you eat to much carbs you get to much belly fat for your liking. Now you say you wouldn't say you get fat but feel carbs go straight to your gut. If I was your diet guy, I wouldn't understand what you're trying to communicate. Nobody is perfect at this. Especially not me. But what has gotten me somewhere is being honest about what I can and can't do and what I am good at and what I suck at.

Reality is, when you want to grow you will put some fat on. So what? Minimize it and deal with it later.

For the next couple weeks here is your homework. Get yourself an app or hell just use paper and pencil. Record everything you eat. Weight out and measure all portions. Calculate your macros (protein, fats, carbs).

In the mean time keep reading thru the diet section on carb cycling. That IMO and well many others' opinions is probably the better way to grow while minimizing fat.

I shouldn't have said I get fat but I would say my problem area is my lower gut and that's where the fat seems to go...I agree I have to just give in..get some fat and cut later...Can't sculpt with no clay right? I have a whiteboard in my kitchen that I used to keep track of calories and protein before and I have a nutrition scale....What numbers should I be aiming for with fat and carbs?

Last edited:
jd66

jd66

May 31, 2012
hard gainer=UNDER EATER

why the **** are you eating all those clean foods??

CALORIES, CALORIES, CALORIES

YOU'RE EATING LOWER CALORIE SHIT

I was a hard gainer and you gotta learn GAINING FAT IS PART OF IT

you cannot serve two masters at once-either gain the damn weight or cut

-eat 2lbs of meat and 300-400g of carbs EVERY DAY
-drink 1 gallon water,32oz millk with heavy cream in it, one soda EVERY DAY
-lift at least 4 days a week

Now do those 3 things

You WON'T have any excuses then

I agree I have been stubborn and guilty of trying to serve 2 masters at once.
I was thinking of going pretty much this route minus the soda anyway...Hey I'm here to
learn, improve and grow. I appreciate the blunt honesty trust me.

jd66

jd66

May 31, 2012
Here's the problem-you got one life to live, time is precious..you wanna waste years reaching goals when theres a shitload more goals to do, then by my guest

What's more time saving?

1) bulk all out, but dropping cals a bit and/or adding cardio if too much fat is started to be gained

2) bulk while trying to serve yourself to keeping zero fat from coming, or even losing fat

NUMBER 1 of course, REACH YOUR GOALS AS QUICK AS POSSIBLE

btw, to minimize fat gain:

PICK A WAIST SIZE NUMBER, and don't go past it-this is the amount of fat YOU are comfortable with gaining. For me it was 38" waist before I dropped cals a bit

Once you hit or get close to your waist size limit, drop cals and/or add cardio

Like I said, feel free wasting precious time trying to serve two masters at once

I agree..option 1 ..my waist size is 32 right now with a belt!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic