Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Hammer Strength equipment

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I love the back equipment but don't care much for the HS chest equipment though.

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
Love it. When I get my gym open, guarantee we will have some HS equipment in there.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
I use a mix of everything and depending on where my injury is, depends on how I work around it, but YUP we were talking about this here the other day, when we discussed Barbells vs machines LOL- although I think Barbells hands down- there is a vital need for machines- injuries happen and you just dont stop training, you try to work around the injury. When I broke my back and had surgery my workouts for 2 years were machines exclusively. However whenever I can , I use barbells, dumbells or kettle bells- those who arent injured but use machines are setting themselves up for injury- those areas of your muscles that help balance barbells and free weights help lessen the liklihood of injury as well as contrinbute to size building.

To go back to machines- Yes I do use cybex- being old and wanting to train all day in other things- Im always dealing with injury- machines help me continue.
I think even some famous Pros, like Dorian Yates- he built the foundation of his body with free weigths but after injuring his spine - he uses alot of machines to maintain himself.

anyone hear of Louie Simmons- another guy who wrecked his spine BEFORE he won many power lifting competitions- He even designed or helped design a machine that is really good for building the lower back erectors to support his body while competeing.

Being open to all kinds of possibilities helps deal with all kinds of problems - in life something always happens, but you disciplin yourself to find a way.

Its those people that use machines because they dont have the drive to use barbells - everything has its purpose- machines, cheat reps everything

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Another reason too for the ISO is when Im in a hurry , so I do one arm sets, without resting between sides, so I can perform most of my full routine and also raise my pulse for cardio benefits .

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Hammer Strength makes some quality equipment. I use it from time to time on my smaller muscle groups.

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
They do have some the best stuff out there, my old gym had seated row, low row, incline and regular bench. I only used them for back, didn't care for the chest stuff, couldn't get seated right in them. My new gym doesn't have them and I do miss em. I did hit a Balleys one day and they had a high row or pulldown thing that was awesome.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
I like their decline press. You get a really good contraction at the top.

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
anyone hear of Louie Simmons- another guy who wrecked his spine BEFORE he won many power lifting competitions- He even designed or helped design a machine that is really good for building the lower back erectors to support his body while competing.
I've heard of Louie Simmons. Reverse Hyper?

Mindlesswork

Mindlesswork

Crusty Poo Butt
Sep 21, 2010
Hammer Strength machines are pretty damn decent and I generally get a fairly natural range of motion with them....the back and pec decks are my fave machines

I like their decline press. You get a really good contraction at the top.

Yup...I do a set on that as well for the extra burn on chest

usa

usa

MuscleHead
Dec 24, 2010
I like the HS machines you can add free weight plates to each side. I'm not a big fan of the HS machines that have stacked 10lb plates.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
I like the HS machines you can add free weight plates to each side. I'm not a big fan of the HS machines that have stacked 10lb plates.
^^^same here. my gym is geared more towards powerlifting and free weights but when i was doing physical therapy for my knee they would let me use all the machines freely and i would get some good workouts with the HS machines.
not a huge fan of machines but they have their place and i agree that HS are some of the best around

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic