Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Hammer Curls Are Essential in my Workout

Mike Singletary

Mike Singletary

Sep 8, 2010
I love doing hammer curls in my bicep routine, and I seem to get a great pump from doing them. I'm just wondering if hammer curls get the credit they deserve as far as a size builder. My Bi's seemed to grow more since i've recently focused more on the hammer curls and less on the barbell curls. Does anyone else have any input on these??

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Mike- I too feel the very same way- Im 45 - I entered a few competitions when I was younger just to shut people up, because I have no desire to flex and wear speedos on my shaved body for display- ( TO EACH HIS OWN :)
I do have my own reason as I feel that when you dont need a peak and just want to look better relaxed then this is the exercise to do- it provides thickness in all the right places but also- contributes to forearm power and functionality. In my other activities I have on numerous times torn both medial and distal radial tendons on both arms- whether it be knife , machete, karumbit, kendo or sword- I found that during times when my injuries or so called tendonitis flares up - I can still do this without pain and work my bis. When my forearms are really bad - I actually do my forearm direct work - prior to bis and back and it like temporarily elimainates all my workout discomfort. Hammer Curls are the staple of my arm workout

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i love hammer curls. not only great for the bis but easy on the joints and soft tissues of the lower arm.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Absolutely- thats why I do them plus the hit an area you dont exactly hit with other exercises. ( Nice avatar Lady M)

rocco-x

rocco-x

MuscleHead
Sep 16, 2010
never did them till last year.they've not only given me thicker forearms but my lower bis have seemed to "push" up further on my arm increasing my peak,slowly.i love them as a burnout drop set right after bis.

airagee23

airagee23

MuscleHead
Dec 27, 2010
Yes these are a staple in my bi workout. Love the pump I get from these.

Dragon70669

Dragon70669

Jun 6, 2011
Try doing them leaning forward about 15 degrees. It seems to isolate the work away from the anterior deltoid to the bicep.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
If your looking for help with cleaning a log these are a nice accessory.

basskiller

Friends Remembered
Sep 12, 2010
I have an old beat to hell hammer bar that has to be 35 years old and I still use it to this day.. I have a bunch of 1" (hole) plates especially for that bar

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
Yeah, it's a good exercise. They improve your peak because they work the brachialis that runs underneath your bicep.

barbellbeast

barbellbeast

MuscleHead
Oct 4, 2010
I loved them when I was younger, then dropped them for some reason and have recently brought them back in my routine. Progress seems to hibernate when I'm not juiced so I'll be interested to see what it has done/will do for me bringing them back in my bicep workout.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Great movement... I like doing them seated on an incline bench. The hammer curl seems to allow for a better contraction than even concentration curls for me. When combined with the stretch of an incline position I get a killer pump and feel the contraction deep in the bicep.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic