Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Hair starting to thin, looking for advices to slow the process

wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
Nizoral 2% from Canada always thickens my hair, even now :)

Ever hear of TOCO-8 caps? Primordial Performance made them..you can still find on ebay. Also jarrow formulas makes a toco extract. The owner of now defunct PP (feds raided them) has a company called Botanical Craft and they make Palm Fruit extract aka TOCO

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Botanical-Craft/260150507455140

This product has rave reviews for thickening of hair and new hair growth (even though you will hear this is impossible) on many forums I am on. I have never tried it, but I have seen logs and seen legit members who have sworn they have grown new hair with it..but you do have to maintain taking product.

nychris

nychris

MuscleHead
Oct 12, 2012
Nizoral 2% definitely helps but anybody who is prone to MPB will eventually go bald.

That's not true, Propecia stops this in many people. Doesn't work for everyone but works miracles for some.

S

silverbaklats

Jan 3, 2013
try bodybuilder shampoo. its available on bodybuilding.com

N

noobden

May 16, 2013
Everyone from my mother side went bald im not bald.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
There's a guy here in oz called dr woods and he pioneered the woods technique hair transplant along with his sister.i met a guy who had it done he uses the healthy hair from your head and transplant it back into your own scalp and then it grows normally.it cost the guy like 20 grand but I tell you what I would never have known he had it done amazing job that's why he is renowned as the worlds best.the other chemical have there positive and negative one being and can effect the guys libido.my hair is thinning so it may be an option for me but if you are going to loose your hair then the early you start a prevention plan the better.

D

Divorce

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2011
Another forum that I frequent which is a little more science based has a thread on this particular subject. Quite a few members reported that their hair began to come back in certain area's where it had previously stopped growing. One guy posted pics and you can see that his hair has come back in certain area's. He used a combination of emu oil (few dabs rubbed in everywhere) followed by extra virgin coconut oil (sometimes left on over night, slept on a towel then rinsed in the morning) also for people considering minoxdil google minoxdil and aging your face, people have reported permanent ageing.

The emu Oil apparently helps the absorption of the coconut oil into the skin

D

Divorce

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2011
Also alot of people who have used finasteride have ended up permanently on TRT, I have also seen a 24yr old who can't get wood at the moment due to finasteride. Just food for thought

T

tonycolin

Mar 8, 2014
finasteride for sure if you want to "Stall" the loss of hair. there is no true way of stopping hairloss... if you REALLY want your hair back... transplant is the way to go. depend how aggressive your hair loss will be, take a look at your dad and moms dad and you will have a good idea... hair loss gene can come from either side.. it used to be thought it was only the moms side but recent science has shown either side..

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Everyone from my mother side went bald im not bald.

The Male Pattern Baldness gene occurs on the X chromosome (that is the female chromosome). Females have two X chromosomes, Males have one X and one Y Chromosome.

Your mother has two X chromosomes. If one of them does not have the male pattern baldness gene, then you have a 50% chance of not getting the MPB gene. This is basic genetics and statistics.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
The funny thing when I was younger I would get the military hair cut a flat top now I don't have a choice lol.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic