Latest Member
Nickobat
What's New?

Gym clowns

norm

norm

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2023
Everyone has seen them, gym clowns--those folks that amuse by their 'interesting' workout attempts, offbeat dress, actions, etc.
I'll start it off with a couple.
The young kid who thought a full range of motion meant 2" jerks no matter what the exercise. Experienced lifters would attempt to "coach" him but to no avail. He disappeared after some bizarre locker room event that I don't know how to describe.

The older guy that insists on loading the machine to the max weight, then straining everything to get some reps and, of course, dropping the stack at the end. I always thought, "he's going to tear something up". Sure enough, he had an abdominal hernia or something. Gone for a while, came back and took it easy for a time, now back to the same antics. Nice guy though...

And there's "Colors", as I call him. Bright, tight, colorful outfits that don't really match, but sure stand out. Different colors everyday (or seems to be). I've seen him for years, and not so outlandish anymore as now a great number seem to have no fashion sense---or maybe they do and I'm just old ;)

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
So glad you weren't there that night with Suge and Tupac, monsoon :(

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Had an old punch drunk boxer in a gym I went to years ago, would jump in front of you in the mirror and start flexing and shadow boxing, dude was hilarious but so serious in his own mind.

@rawdeal is the naked old dude in the locker room with his foot up on the bench trying to initiate a conversation with someone...

Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole

Jul 31, 2023
We have a few.
There’s the skinny guy who goes for a full stack on the lat bar but essentially does chin-ups because he can’t do the stack.

Then we have the young lady who comes in with flesh toned yoga tights which dares all to look at her crotch. Tell the truth, I really don’t know what her face looks like but I could pick out that camel toe in a packed room full of camel toes.

Of course, every gym has a whistler and we have an extremely obnoxious one. He’s an older Latino who doesn’t breathe whilst he is doing a set but rather lets out short and very loud whistles with each exhale afterwards.
He passed by an old cougar the other day and she stopped him and told him that it’s been a long time since anyone has whistled at her. He didn’t get the hint.

And….we also have the bumper weight barbell guy who came in with a young lady one day. He tried to impress the girl by throwing on a couple of 10# bumpers (which may look heavier) and yelled like his gonads were being ripped off every time he dead lifted the bar.
The thing is, the woman is a regular at the gym and she knew the score and the last thing I saw of her that day was her backside walking out the front door leaving him to lick his wounds and re-rack the weights.

Last edited:
A

AlphaMale!

VIP Member
Dec 11, 2022
The guy at my gym who deliberately grunts real loud like he’s having an orgasm.
One day I followed him around the gym and mocked him even louder every time he did it.
He finally stopped doing it.

And then there’s the dude who deliberately grunts extra loud to get the girls attention.
But when he’s struggling on a girly thigh extension machine he’s quiet as a mouse.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I know I'm loud, but there is absolutely nothing going through my mind other than pushing through. I cannot help it. It's fucking hard. More gasping than anything but some whimpers, too.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
This is not specific to anyone, just what I see often. People who have the physique of a fat pre-pubescent teenager doing a bunch of weird isolation exercises and skipping everything that actually builds muscle. When you ask them why they are doing those exercises, because they seen some pro doing them on YouTube or IG. Listen dumbfuck, unless you are competing on the national level just worry about packing on as much muscle as you can and you are not going to get it done doing single arm face pulls. Do some damn barbell rows.

Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole

Jul 31, 2023
This is not specific to anyone, just what I see often. People who have the physique of a fat pre-pubescent teenager doing a bunch of weird isolation exercises and skipping everything that actually builds muscle. When you ask them why they are doing those exercises, because they seen some pro doing them on YouTube or IG. Listen dumbfuck, unless you are competing on the national level just worry about packing on as much muscle as you can and you are not going to get it done doing single arm face pulls. Do some damn barbell rows.

Attachments

• IMG_0037.jpeg
    IMG_0037.jpeg
    46.9 KB · Views: 39
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic