Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Guitar, yeah another thread but with intellegence this time lol.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Quick hands... Bet his wife is a satisfied woman. I've been thinking a lot lately about picking up a new guitar and playing again. Maybe I might go acoustic this time.

GreatGunz

GreatGunz

VIP
Jun 10, 2011
I used to be ok on guitar..... Dropped for years have gone back but I now have hearing loss.
And apparently tone deafness.

It is very disappointing ..... I play think it sounds like shit but my wife says sounds right to me.
What do you guys play?

I have an Ibanez.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Mexican Stratocaster. Haven't picked it up in years though... Believe it or not, I used to play bass in a metal band. We rented out a climate-controlled storage unit at about $30/month for our practice spot. Could play as loud as we wanted for as long as we wanted. Unique little set-up we had in there.

This guy in the videos Shine put up though... I can't even wrap my head around how he thinks. That's incredible execution. His harmonic hits and tempo changes remind me of Tim Reynolds a bit.

M

mick

VIP Member
Dec 22, 2012
I played 4 string guitar 20-30 years ago. Played a very little bit of 6 string back then but not much at all. Been a long damn time since my fingers bled lol

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I've got a few guitars, been in a blues band a few years back but things have been put on the back burner with kids! One day I'll get back up on stage though. Here's my favourite guitars...

216931_10150154189308720_1367076_n.jpg

Bought this Strat a couple of years ago, liked the look of it and that it wasn't all single coil pickups. Scratchplate looked cool too! Bit lighter with the strings for this one, .strung with a mere 011 gauge set.

37426_404192883719_6244887_n.jpg

My battleworn Strat I bought in 1996, heavily influenced by Stevie Ray Vaughan's "Number One". Strung pretty heavy with .013-.058 strings.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012

First video I was just breaking in some new strings, second video I was just playing around with a SRV-style blues shuffle... until the battery on the camera ran out lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
^^^hell yeah! good stuff bro!

my only guitar now, I want a SRV signature strat one of these days.

Ibanez usa custom only 61 made
2zxw2h5.jpg

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
for starters classical finger style is the shit, I have played all, this shit is the hardest period!!!
bad boy brooks robertson, don't know him than you don't know guitar lol.
Must admit, I'm up with pretty much all of the modern guitarists but I hadn't heard of him before. That was a great track, he has a great fingerstyle technique there and what he's playing is deceptively hard !! I probably don't listen to as much acoustic as I should do, although I do like guys like Pat Metheny, Gordon Giltrap etc etc. Hey, what do reckon of this little piece? It's old now but has always impressed me...

Last edited by a moderator:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
^^^hell yeah! good stuff bro!

my only guitar now, I want a SRV signature strat one of these days.

Ibanez usa custom only 61 made
2zxw2h5.jpg

Nice !!!!!!!

I was lucky enough to see a G3 concert last year, four rows back from the front watching Satch, Vai and Lukather. AMAZING !!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic