Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kuma
What's New?

Guitar, yeah another thread but with intellegence this time lol.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Must admit, I'm up with pretty much all of the modern guitarists but I hadn't heard of him before. That was a great track, he has a great fingerstyle technique there and what he's playing is deceptively hard !! I probably don't listen to as much acoustic as I should do, although I do like guys like Pat Metheny, Gordon Giltrap etc etc. Hey, what do reckon of this little piece? It's old now but has always impressed me...

Yup, love Ritchie Kotzen, amazing guitar from this guy. Love that, bad ass piece.

always been one of my favorites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
If you ever get to go to a G3 concert, you gotta get there man. The one I saw, the concert was about 4hrs long and was like a guitarists wet dream lol.

543678_10150644057858720_436012445_n.jpg

Lukather was better than I thought, nice tone as well. Vai was a real showman and amazing to watch. Satriani was my personal favourite (the other guys I went with like Vai the best), for me he had the most balanced sound overall, his guitar was really clear and he was just a master with the whammy bar lol.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Must admit, I'm up with pretty much all of the modern guitarists but I hadn't heard of him before. That was a great track, he has a great fingerstyle technique there and what he's playing is deceptively hard !! I probably don't listen to as much acoustic as I should do, although I do like guys like Pat Metheny, Gordon Giltrap etc etc. Hey, what do reckon of this little piece? It's old now but has always impressed me...

I just came across the guy above, he was a student of Buster Jones RIP,

video of the kid where he had been only playing like 1 year, makes me want to take up knitting lol

Buster Jones, RIP

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
SHINE - you should check out a guy called Guthrie Govan, I reckon you would really like him. He's a skilled jazz guitarist but can do all of the stuff that Vai or Petrucci would play as well...

Insane to think that the first video is improvised ?!

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Thanks man, that Boogie was cool. Kinda like he has a country SRV feel to his playing (and look).

Didn't know he had passed, what happened to him?

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
SHINE - you should check out a guy called Guthrie Govan, I reckon you would really like him. He's a skilled jazz guitarist but can do all of the stuff that Vai or Petrucci would play as well...

Havn't heard of this guy, yeah he is right there with Vai or petrucci . I am a big petrucci fan.

I'll check more of his vids out.

Buster died of liver failure, not sure if it was do to drinking.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
That's a shame, looked like he could have been a bit of a drinker. Such a talent.

If you can get your hands on 'Erotic Cakes', that's Guthrie's first album. This was the first track I heard him play ~ blew my mind...

Happy to burn you a copy if you can't track it down, just let me know MF.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
16yrs old and she's already a million times better than I'll ever be. Not sure whether to be impressed or depressed !?

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
My daughter had her first guitar lesson yesterday. Wish I played.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
16yrs old and she's already a million times better than I'll ever be. Not sure whether to be impressed or depressed !?

lol, I jus gave up and enjoy what I do. SO many Kids these days with crazy Good talent.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic