Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Good/Bad Gear: How Do You Judge?

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
It wasn't to be taken literally, merely saying if you want to know exactly what you're getting you have got to make it yourself. The gear you make for yourself is probably safer than or at least as safe as any gear you will buy online from a domestic source. Boy, you would be more careful about making your own gear, wouldn't you? I've encountered many more people getting abscesses from shitty gear they bought online than their own shizzle.

I believe you brotha! But I was just saying that newbs WILL take what you said literally, lol... hell, if someone is willing to inject test into his anus then why wouldn't he be willing to make his own gear in a garage bathtub, lol.

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
Well I agree that lab tests are the only way to know for sure. However, to say that otherwise you shouldn't make an assessment, even if subjective, doesn't make sense. Certainly, there are many variables. But it seems that ones experience with specific compounds would give them a fairly accurate gauge, even without lab tests.

Let me put a different spin on it. I'll take AJ's opinion because he has mastered his own physique and is consistent with his training. In his case, we can pretty safely (but not 100% confidently) single out AAS as a lone variable and make an assessment, ya feel me?

How many noobs do you know that say "shit didn't work for me." When you know that wasn't the real issue. This community and this board is not immune from that, and that goes for members, vets, and vip's just the same and in the same ratio I'm sure of it.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
This is very true... "Detailed accounts" are very important. Saying, "ah that shit was terrible, I barely gained a thing" doesn't mean a damn thing to me until I know how your diet, training, and other factors were set up.

Let me put a different spin on it. I'll take AJ's opinion because he has mastered his own physique and is consistent with his training. In his case, we can pretty safely (but not 100% confidently) single out AAS as a lone variable and make an assessment, ya feel me?

How many noobs do you know that say "shit didn't work for me." When you know that wasn't the real issue. This community and this board is not immune from that, and that goes for members, vets, and vip's just the same and in the same ratio I'm sure of it.

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
I believe you brotha! But I was just saying that newbs WILL take what you said literally, lol... hell, if someone is willing to inject test into his anus then why wouldn't he be willing to make his own gear in a garage bathtub, lol.

Just for you. Hey noobies and non-aspirators - don't listen to me! I really don't think anything I say holds any credibility with anyone anyways LOL. ah well, I digress..

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Well if training and diet aren't in order long before their first cycle then their assessment is worthless to begin with IMO.

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Just for you. Hey noobies and non-aspirators - don't listen to me! I really don't think anything I say holds any credibility with anyone anyways LOL. ah well, I digress..

Make your own, aspirate, eat right and train hard get sleep drink water...

Right on gixxie!

apollo

apollo

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2011
GS and gixxer and some others- as much as i dont want to admit it, doing what I do- are right. Absolutely right and it's sad.

OP- if I peronally was on say an enanthate only cycle- I'd know starting about week 2 bc my weight would start going up slowlly from water retention. Week 3 it increases in the rate of weight increase. now add nolva or arimi and for me- it's be bigger pumps that last longer, my temper starts getting shorter from wk 3 on too and it takes me longer to get over being mad. But I am sensitive to gear. I never had to take much to gain big time. Of course being older that sensitivity has probably decreased.
However, the real way is have blood work/lab work done- as already stated.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Anyone who says they can't feel their gear working needs to try the real thing now and again. Makes a big difference.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Some really good viewpoints in here. As I normally do, I take them all into consideration and conclude that there's some truth in most of what has been posted. I appreciate all of the responses.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
OK guys, my experience with gear is limited to a couple of cycles of test-e only. I realize there is a lot of bunk and underdosed gear out there. I'm pretty sure my first cycle was underdosed and my second cycle is not.

What do you use as your primary INITIAL gauge to determine if your gear is good or not?
- Strength gains
- Weight gain
- Libido
- Woody
- Sides present/absent

I capped the word "initial" because it's pretty easy to say whether your gear was good or not after a 12-week cycle. But there's not much you can do about it at that point, except find another source next time. How early can you tell and what do you use?

problems bro ?

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
problems bro ?
Lol... no problems SHINE. Just thinking through some of the differences between my first cycle of test e and my current one. Seems that underdosing is fairly common based on others' comments and I just want to compare notes to see what others use as early indicators on the effectiveness of their gear.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
If you dont mind II... can you tell us how your second cycle is going and your opinion on it?

as far as all the other comments I have really enjoyed reading this thread...

I must agree with GS and gixx... however, I really don't recommend just anyone making there own gear... there is more to quality gear than doing the math and getting the BB/BA ratios correct... If your raws are bunk it doesnt matter how sterile you make it... etc

As far as the Test 500 comment from GS... I had to laugh... I personally knew a guy that hit 2cc of some test 500 in his tricep and then coudn't figure out why his arm swole the fuck up and he couldn't use it for three days... No brainer really...

Like TB said... painless and smooth gear really dont make the gear "good" it makes it a better experience provided the gear is dosed correctly... but anything over 250mg/ml that doesnt leave some sort of a "reminder" is most likely not dosed correctly....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic