3:00 Elliptical
5:00 Max distance bike- 1.48 Miles

Superset 3x:

Seated Row- 10 / 110 lb
Single Arm Seated Fly- 20 / 30 lb
Preacher Curl- 10 / 60 lb
Assisted Dips - 15 reps / 60 lb

Working Set 8x:

Chest Press- 1 / 210 lb, 2 / 200 lb, 3 / 190 lb, 5 / 180 lb, 5 / 170 lb, 8 / 160 lb, 12 / 140 lb, 12 / 120 lb
Lat Pulldown- 4 / 200 lb, 8 / 150 lb (repeat 4x)
Incline Bench DB chest press- 10 / 50 lb
Bent Over DB row- 10 / 50 lb
DB Shrugs- 10 / 50 lb
Straight Arm Cable Pulldowns- 20 / 20 lb

Superset 3x:
Medicine Ball Jump Squats- AMRAP
DB Good Morning 2/20 lb- AMRAP
Standing DB oblique crunches 30 lb- AMRAP
DB Goblet Squat 30 lb- AMRAP

Summary:
Legs were very tight from yesterday... Experienced some cramping, but didn't hydrate as well as I could have today. Felt good with the front side of things, back didn't feel as strong as usual today. Noticing development in traps and delts more and more each day. Once more weight comes off, I'll have a nice taper to the back as well. The v shape is there, just needs a tune up. Got compliments on my calf development while working out. Tomorrow is an off day, unless the girl wants to hit the gym, but I'll be back at it Friday.

This looks great brother!!! Excellent work here!!

You are the best one to know what's possible for your schedule. I'm just impressed you are making this huge effort and its showing some good gains for you.

Persevere!!!

Goliac7

Goliac7

MuscleHead
Feb 20, 2015
Nice work. Are you following any sort of programme?

I'm following the "Pick Things Up, and Put Them Down" program. Haha. I am trying to focus on hitting legs, core, arms, shoulders, chest, and back 2 times a week. Obviously there will be crossover, but I like to focus on these at least 2x weekly. I usually train Biceps, shoulders, and back together. Chest, Core, and Triceps usually go together. I throw Legs in when I'm feeling froggy. I don't have a "program" perse, but I stick to the 2x weekly rule. With 5 sessions a week, this is easy for me to track. When building my workout, I think about the last few times I hit the gym. What was hard? What was easy? Where can I go heavier? How many reps can I really get at X weight? No lie, I'll go look in the mirror and see what prioress I've made. I will look at all kinds of articles, journals, and YouTube videos. Recently I've been lurking on other members' journals here. A lot of self reflection and research goes into it. In the end, it comes down to me trying to get to know my body in a way I never have before. I'm trying to see just how far and hard I can push, and it's remarkable how much is really in the tank sometimes. If you have any recommendations- feel free to chime in! That's what I'm here for.

Goliac7

Goliac7

MuscleHead
Feb 20, 2015
Awesome, just awesome! Really glad you joined TID and started a log and have set some goals for yourself. I agree with what POB and some of the others said,.

If a gym isn't feasible right now, let's figure out how we could make it happen in the near future. We can and will help you out.. We are a really tight knit comOfmunity here and like family. The log section is a very unique and special section of our forums.

You're really getting in a lot of work, and I commend you for that. I hope that you stay around and keep your willpower strong because we will help transform you and make you an addict of this lifestyle as we are :)

Thanks bro... I've been mulling over the gym thing. My options right now are my apartment complex, or Planet Fitness. It is the only gym within a reasonable distance at 2 miles. This may not sound far, but in Atlanta traffic that can turn into a dang journey real quick. I've heard so many horror stories about that place, I'm not sure it would be worth it. I'm missing a squat rack and barbell, which is killing me. Like I said, I'm about to talk to management at my apartment and see if they'll add a rack and barbell. If not, I'll have to continue to be creative until other options open up. I've been considering buying one, but don't tell my girl that. Haha. I'm gonna keep truckin, and see what kind of animal I can turn into. Not a "New Years Resolution", but a lifestyle change.

Goliac7

Goliac7

MuscleHead
Feb 20, 2015
Awesome work!!!! Its hard to squeeze in the time at the gym lol. You'll figure it out though. Just remember that you may have to start sacrificing something to get your time in. Cooking could be done on weekends for your meals during the week. That saves a lot of time for us. Girlfriend can help as well by walking the dog some to give you a few extra mins to visit the gym. Take gym bag with clothes so you can stop in right after work or may its close enough to go during your lunch break if you have enough time that is. There are so many ways to look at it so you can personalize your gym time. Main thing is your motivated! Don't lose that. Stay focused and determined to find a way to make your nutrition and workouts a way of life since is a lifestyle change. It will help so much if your girlfriend jumps onboard with you and does this as well. Walking the dog could be your cardio. Just kick it up a knotch to get heart rate up around 120 or better for at least 20 mins. That can cut down on some time spent in the gym. We are here to help man so I look forward in following you journal/log. Good to have you.

I've tried the cooking weekly thing, but that takes the joy out of it for me. I feel like a cafeteria lady, rather than a cook. I worked in the restaurant industry throughout high school and college, and cooking (plus eating) is a passion of mine. I have trouble asking the girl to walk the dog, because Atlanta is Atlanta... Never know when something's gonna happen. I'm gonna keep going hard, and maybe a gym will appear. If you build it (my physique) they will come (the gym)..... Isn't that how it went in the movie?

Goliac7

Goliac7

MuscleHead
Feb 20, 2015
This looks great brother!!! Excellent work here!!

You are the best one to know what's possible for your schedule. I'm just impressed you are making this huge effort and its showing some good gains for you.

Persevere!!!

Thanks, one day I will catch up to yall...

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Nice first session logged! How often are you feeling"froggy" and hitting legs, weekly? Planet fitness.......pfffft! Haha, keep it up!

Goliac7

Goliac7

MuscleHead
Feb 20, 2015
Nice first session logged! How often are you feeling"froggy" and hitting legs, weekly? Planet fitness.......pfffft! Haha, keep it up!

I always include biking in my warm up- I find it fun and gets the juices flowing. I also run and do the elliptical. I do legs at least twice a week, sometimes 3 or 4. Leg exercises that I've been focusing on are hip abductors, body weight squats, DB front squats, Medicine ball squats, medicine ball jump squats, body weight jump squats, goblet squats, calf raises, weighted calf raises, and "w kicks". My gym has a machine that is adjustable for both ham curls and leg extension, but I can't get it to "fit" me. Oh how I'd love to get that squat rack. Squats and DL are honestly my two favorite exercises. Anyone have a technique for DL without a barbell?

Atmae Fitness

Atmae Fitness

Jan 15, 2015
I'm following the "Pick Things Up, and Put Them Down" program. Haha. I am trying to focus on hitting legs, core, arms, shoulders, chest, and back 2 times a week. Obviously there will be crossover, but I like to focus on these at least 2x weekly. I usually train Biceps, shoulders, and back together. Chest, Core, and Triceps usually go together. I throw Legs in when I'm feeling froggy. I don't have a "program" perse, but I stick to the 2x weekly rule. With 5 sessions a week, this is easy for me to track. When building my workout, I think about the last few times I hit the gym. What was hard? What was easy? Where can I go heavier? How many reps can I really get at X weight? No lie, I'll go look in the mirror and see what prioress I've made. I will look at all kinds of articles, journals, and YouTube videos. Recently I've been lurking on other members' journals here. A lot of self reflection and research goes into it. In the end, it comes down to me trying to get to know my body in a way I never have before. I'm trying to see just how far and hard I can push, and it's remarkable how much is really in the tank sometimes. If you have any recommendations- feel free to chime in! That's what I'm here for.

The pick things up put things down is a good start, just make sure they get progressively heavier.

You sound like your putting a lot of thought into what you do which is good. IMO your best bet would be to focus on the main powerlifts (squat, bench & deadlift) to build your strength and size. If you don't access a bar this will be difficult.

If you decide to access a bar or just stick with what equipment you have following a planned progression route would be my other reccomendation

Atmae Fitness

Atmae Fitness

Jan 15, 2015
I always include biking in my warm up- I find it fun and gets the juices flowing. I also run and do the elliptical. I do legs at least twice a week, sometimes 3 or 4. Leg exercises that I've been focusing on are hip abductors, body weight squats, DB front squats, Medicine ball squats, medicine ball jump squats, body weight jump squats, goblet squats, calf raises, weighted calf raises, and "w kicks". My gym has a machine that is adjustable for both ham curls and leg extension, but I can't get it to "fit" me. Oh how I'd love to get that squat rack. Squats and DL are honestly my two favorite exercises. Anyone have a technique for DL without a barbell?

You can DL with Dumbbells and Kettlebells in various ways, (simplest being with the DBs at your side) However really won't produce the same results as the bar (same with all the squat variations, the ones your doing are good but for different reasons).

Sorry to keep mentioning the bar point, promise I'm not on commission lol.

You look like you have a wide focus when it comes to training, take a look at CTJs log if you haven't already.

D

danielrh

MuscleHead
Nov 19, 2013
Nice job so far, Goliac! I would have to agree with AF on the rack. I quit one gym and went to another in order to have access to a rack. It allowed me to get away from the smith machine for squats and benches. Totally different feel than a leg press and I think safer than a smith machine. Bottom line, though, is you are picking up heavy things and putting them down, doing it again, and then increasing the weight and that is fantastic! Keep it up, Bro, we will all cheer you on, especially Bullmuscle7.

Goliac7

Goliac7

MuscleHead
Feb 20, 2015
You guys are great... Another workout coming tomorrow. I'll be looking to hit shoulders, legs, forearms, and core.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic