Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Getting Weaker...

BuildBigger

BuildBigger

Aug 27, 2012
Hi,

I started to cut calories and increase cardio just before christmas. I've since lost a decent amount of weight but not compromised on strength in any aspect other than db shoulder press. In fact, my lifts increased as i've continued to keep training hard and heavy. Over the past couple of weeks i've noticed a considerable drop in leg strength. The past two weeks i've trained in the evenings rather than post breakfast and i'm thinking this is the only cause. Don't understand how it can drop by 125kgx4 to struggling with 100 last week and struggling with 110 this week. I was ill a little over a month ago but still got myself to the gym and trained hard and I still managed to hit my numbers then. Anyone experienced this, time for a week off?

Thanks, BB.

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
My squat numbers can change significantly depending time of day and what o had done before. If I work a long shift before leg day I expect a worse leg day than if I had nothing going on that day. Also, when cal drop starts to effect me, squats are the first to go down

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
How long has it been since you have taken a week or so off ?

BuildBigger

BuildBigger

Aug 27, 2012
I was happy that the reduction of calories wasn't affecting me too much and this just hit me, get to the bottom of the rep and have zero strength to get it back up. its killing me!

Last time off was just before christmas, wasn't a full week, couldn't keep myself out ha, and then a couple of days around the new year.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic