Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Gastric Bypass Surgery - Our Story!

Mrs.V.

Mrs.V.

TID Lady Member
May 29, 2011
Tell you what Hanni...If you have ANY questions that maybe one of us hasn't "hit" on yet, feel free to ask...I would be MORE than willing to try to help you and your wife out with my own personal experience with this surgery...And i am sure DC will tell you her experience through her eyes as well...

Any news for us today?

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Well, she was admitted to the hospital last night after spending 10 hours in the emergency room due to all the beds being full. What prompted this was she passed out 2 times in the last 2 days and is to weak to walk, well as you know she had back surgery 8 weeks ago so now that has been aggravated. They have her on IV's for pain meds and hydration and I am sure that soon they will feed her that way until she can eat. Gonna be a long process.

My heart goes out to you brother. I don't know what to say other than we are here for you as much as an online forum can be in these times. If you need anything or just need to blow off some steam, post up or shoot a PM.

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Mar 19, 2012
First and foremost, I feel for you, bro. My prayers go out to you and your family.

I'm a fan and success story of the lap band. Back in 2006, my doctor suggested that I see a gastric bypass surgeon and only days after my doctor appointment, I had an appointment with the gastric doc. But all of his info about me was so phony that I told my primary doctor that I didn't want any part of his fake ass. For example, although I was kicking close to 375 pounds, the gastric doctor had me weighing 12 pounds more than I did just 4 days earlier at my doctor's visit. I knew there wasn't enough Big Macs and fries to get me to gain 12 pounds in less than a week. He also had my BP at death zone. On top of that, I would have to pay $650 for the down payment of the surgery and $250 per seminar (at least 3 were required). So I told my doctor that I'd just do the weight loss as I've always done it, on my own and carefully. But since I was suffering with celluitis, he suggested that I seek weight loss surgery ASAFP.

About a few months later while sitting on the computer, a lap band center commercial came on TV and they stated that I could register online and even go to their seminars onlines. And my PPO insurance can cover everything. So I went to their website, registered, and the rest is history. Since then, I've lost over 120 pounds and joined a professional powerlifting team. I honestly never thought that I'd ever get kicked out of the "300 (Pound) Club".

Sadly, most of my friends who have had the gastric bypass surgery done have lost little weight but gained it all and more back.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Stay strong and remain calm even in this time of crisis brother ... Thoughts and prayers for you and your fam

A

Andrea5174

Mar 24, 2013
Hannibal, I'm new to the forum and I wanted to say I'm sorry to hear your wife is going through all of this. Ive heard plenty of horror stories about people's struggles after the GB surgery. I myself had GB surgery in Feb. 2009. I've gone from 343 lbs down to 180 lbs, struggling to get this last 20 off (my goal is 160-165). My only negative side effect from the GB surgery is that I am now very iron and B12 deficient. My iron level dropped as low as 7.2 and for the past year I have been going for iron infusions and B12 injections. I also now suffer from severe panic disorder due to serotonin imbalance, depression and anxiety, though these have not been directly linked to the GB.

I consider myself a success story for bariatric surgery and it pains me to read of the God awful experience your wife is going through. My prayers are with her. God Bless!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic