Latest Member
Dragon_Kitty
What's New?

Gastric Bypass Surgery - Our Story!

Hanniballickedher

Hanniballickedher

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
My wife and I have had a pretty tough road since we have been married (side note, this will play into this story, when I met her she was 103lbs), first we lost our first son in 1990 he was 8 months old, not many years after the birth of our next 2 we filed bankruptcy. During that time at the birth of our 3rd (now middle) son my wife started gaining weight. Not a lot but a noticeable amount, after the birth of our 4th (now last) son it was very noticeable and started causing more problems in our lives. Don't get me wrong, I have always loved my wife, I am not the best husband in the world but I try to be. At that time I just didn't like her a whole lot, I am not one for big or heavy girls. Felicia decided to have Bariatric Surgery, it was new then and not real known, we knew the risk but took them anyhow. Surgery went great, so great she started working for the hospital as an advocate for it. She lost from 300lbs to 170 in 1 year. Here's where the big health problems start. 1% of the patients cannot absorb any vitamin's, come to find out my wife is 1 of them, this caused the following which she now has, Glaucoma, High Blood pressure, Osteoporosis, loss of gall bladder, Kidney problems. Yes we have tried transdermals. She cannot take many pills due to the fact it makes her throw up. The Osteoporosis led to degenerative disk in her back, she had back surgery 2 months ago but is having a slow time healing. Right now because something is messed up she cannot eat, she trys but vomits everything back up. Gastro doctors, and yes we have been to 2 of them because I work at a hospital, I have resources say they cant find anything wrong. Last night she got on the scale, I like to passed out, she is at 119lbs and steady losing weight. Over the last 4 days all she could eat was 4 bites, yes bites of a chicken tender.

We laid in bed last night talking and yes crying, we have been married for going on 24 years, I wouldn't know how to function without her.

Please stay away from this surgery at all cost, do it on your own or try something different!!!

Before you offer advice like have you tried this and that, yes, we have tried almost everything other than them inserting a feeding tube.

Forgot to add this, you would think going from 300 to 119 she has skin hanging everywhere, this is not true at all, dont know how but she looks like the average 43 year old, yes her stomach is a little looser and boobs hang but she breast fed all 4 kids too. We are going to see if we can get some weight on her then have a few surgeries.

Last edited:

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Prayers your way my friend, don't give up and stay strong cause she will need to draw from your strength.

danrojigga

danrojigga

Rottens Pimp
May 24, 2011
Damn buddy i sure hope she gets to feeling better. I feel so bad for some women they have to struggle with weight issues. Some cant lose weight no matter what they do. Let us know how she does i hope she gets her appetite back. Be praying for yall amigo.

Last edited:
Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Hanni your in my prayers .I hope she is able to eat soon. Can they feed her through a tube to slow down the weight loss?

M

Maz

Jan 17, 2012
My prayers are with your family . I tried reaching out to you on ESEA and figured what the hell i'll making an account. I honestly don't know how much you check those gaming forums anymore. I remember discussing work out routines and regiments with you and you were always so calm, relaxed and laid back. Never knew there was a serious issue developing. I commend your strength. Thanks for being there for me at a time I needed information about my life changes. From a fellow bodybuilder/gamer to another.

Maz

Last edited by a moderator:
Hanniballickedher

Hanniballickedher

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
My prayers are with your family . I tried reaching out to you on ESEA and figured what the hell i'll making an account. I honestly don't know how much you check those gaming forums anymore. I remember discussing work out routines and regiments with you and you were always so calm, relaxed and laid back. Never knew there was a serious issue developing. I commend your strength. Thanks for being there for me at a time I needed information about my life changes. From a fellow bodybuilder/gamer to another.

Maz

Thanks yall!!

HOLY SHIT - Maz its been forever bro, no I don't esea anymore, I got out of all thet 2.5 years ago when I started back in the gym. Bro how the fuck you been, we had some damn good times playing CS huh?? How the hell did you get here? LOL this is crazy. Just to let everyone know Maz is one BADASS Counterstrike player!!! If you need anything Maz let me know brother, the people here are great, no other place like TID!!!

RR we were talking about a feeding tube last night, kinda extreme but I dont know, gotta do what we can.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Very sorry to hear this Hanni. You're family is in our prayers.

M

Maz

Jan 17, 2012
Thanks yall!!

HOLY SHIT - Maz its been forever bro, no I don't esea anymore, I got out of all thet 2.5 years ago when I started back in the gym. Bro how the fuck you been, we had some damn good times playing CS huh?? How the hell did you get here? LOL this is crazy. Just to let everyone know Maz is one BADASS Counterstrike player!!! If you need anything Maz let me know brother, the people here are great, no other place like TID!!!

RR we were talking about a feeding tube last night, kinda extreme but I dont know, gotta do what we can.

Yeah buddy, it's been a while, good times indeed, you were a great person to be around the gaming scene with, very loyal and good guy. I've been amazing though, life has actually turned around for the better. I still play but not on a consistent basis anymore, that scene died off for me, now it's all about making gains, and keeping my physique where i want it to be. I'm still fairly new to bodybuilding forums, sites etc. But i've been doing my studies and it just so happened i came across this site from Twitter. The twitter i found this from was https://twitter.com/#!/Fitnesschick4 . I seen the name and right away knew it was you. Touched a little part of my heart reading it so I had to address it. Thanks for the compliments on my particular gaming skills though, they were in fact pretty good lol. But yeah, small world after all. You hear that a lot, but look where fate brought me... Strange indeed! But yeah, Thanks for the act of always being a great person, but i don't need anything right now, if you need anything buddy please do ask :)

kingkrazy1012

kingkrazy1012

Dec 1, 2011
My prayers go out to you.

My wife has gained 150 lbs in the 13 years we have been married so i know a little of how you feel. I have thought from time to time of trying to talk her into a surgery but not anymore. You are to be commended for being so open on a message board.

Take care

Hanniballickedher

Hanniballickedher

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
Bro if she wants to have weight loss surgery there are other options like the Lap Band and there is a newer one with great results, just stay completely away from gastric bypass.

GreatGunz

GreatGunz

VIP
Jun 10, 2011
Hanni my condolences bro,
Your wife has a big platform to lean on being you.
We are here for you to lean on,If you need something
let us know.

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
Hanni I'm sorry to hear that brother. So many risks to things like that.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic