Members
Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

Full Body 8x8 Log

M

matter2003

Apr 11, 2013
Been a while since I have posted a log, but not due to inactivity in the gym, just been extra busy with life...

Found out that I was running an "incorrect" version of the 8x8 program after reading several accounts of people who actually trained with Vince Gironda and his son Guy using this program. They claimed the program I was running was specifically for a bodybuilder he was training for Mr. Olympia and not for normal people...

anyway, the version he said they ran was actually an AM/PM split running the same exercises both times. However, the workouts were about half as long as what I was doing...roughly 20-25 minutes instead of the 45-50 I was doing. He said it helped to send GH and Testosterone up and limited the rise of cortisol post workout. Doing it twice gave you two surges per day instead of one and got quicker results. Also, bodyparts were done using alternating exercises and not straight set exercises except for legs. Legs are only 4 sets of 8, except calves with are 4 sets of 25. Also on days off, he believed you needed to do 100-150 bodyweight calf raises to see growth as it is very hard to overwork them. I don't really need bigger calves, as mine are already 17 inches, but I like the idea and have never really tried it, so what the hell...program is 3 days on followed by one day off and repeat. No more than 6-8 weeks on it straight...

Day 1:
Bench Press to Neck/Dips
Wide Grip Pullup/Underhand Chinup
Lateral Raises/Gironda DB Swing(almost like a side to side swing of the DB...very exhausting in all actuality)

Day 2:
Barbell Drag Curl/Reverse Barbell Curl
Long Rope Overhead Pull/DB Kickback(both at once)
Palm Up Wrist Curls/Palm Down Wrist Curls

Day 3:
Leg Press(supposed to be Sissy Squat, but no way I can do that "Burlesque Bump")
Leg Extension
Hamstring Curl AM/Deadlift PM
Standing Calf Raises

Also, I have to say that Ostarine from osta-gain(aka spectrum peptides) is the SHIT!! I am looking much more solid, full and thick. Have also gone from 177 lbs at 11.8% BF to 184.4 lbs at 11.2% BF, which is a gain of 7.5 LBM...better than I could have ever dreamed of to be honest with you...couldn't be happier with how things have gone. Midsection is leaning out some more, abs are starting to come in nicely(top two are fully out, bottom set is starting to show the tops), even the serratus muscles on the side are starting to show a little bit...

Got probably 3 more weeks of so left of Ostarine. Going to be using EvoMuse Eviscerate Smolder to try and shed some of that stubborn lower ab fat, as well as a homebrewed concoction of 7-Keto powder, d-Limonene, Isopropyl Alcohol, and Glycerin---read somewhere that spraying Magnesium Oil on top of that after spreading it on helped drive it into the skin better, but I'll try it without first to see how it works...

Ab fat is definitely dropping but I think I can help speed up the process...just did legs today, off tomorrow...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic