Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

Full Body 8x8 Log

M

matter2003

Apr 11, 2013
Hey guys,

I am new to these forums, but have been on some other forums for quite some time.

Going to log my progress here.

Started doing Full body 8x8 workouts last Sunday, so I will have to post log them.

Going to be running MP Ostarine 20mg caps(although after doing more research, really want Osta Gain's Ostarine) and Formeron(transdermal formestane), along with some other things like Mucuna Pruriens powder, etc.

I am going to be doing 2 of these per week, on Sunday and Wednesdays, and then Monday and Thursday I will be doing HIIT training in the following fashion:

5 mins warmup
10 mins HIIT(30 seconds on/30 seconds off)
2 mins mini cooldown
5 mins complete rest
22 mins slower paced cardio

I am also following a carb cycling program, planning to be in the single digit body fat by June...

Current Stats:

5' 8" tall
177 lbs
11.8% BF(caliper measured)
Chest: 48 Inches
Arms: 15 Inches
Waist: 34 Inches
Hips: 40 Inches
Quads: 29 Inches
Calves: 16 Inches

Been training about 2.5 years and have gone from 255 lbs to 175 lbs, pretty much all naturally. Have never ran an AI or a SARM before the past 3 months.

So I have 4 workouts I am cycling through with this. I have 5 exercises, with each exercise consisting of 8 sets of 8 reps, with 30 seconds or less rest between sets. Total workout time is between 35-40 minutes max for 320 total reps.

Day 1:
Squats
Bench/Dips(4 sets of each)
Wide Grip "Sternum" Pullup(Chest to Bar)
Lying Leg Curl
Arnold Press

Day 2:
Squats
Close Grip Bench Press/Tri Dips(4 sets of each)
Hammer Curls
Barbell Shrug
Deadlift(6 sets of 8)

Day 3:
Squats
Feet Elevated Pushups(weighted)
Wide Grip "Sternum" Pullup
Lying Leg Curls
Military Press

Day 4:
Squats
Close Grip Elevated Pushups(weighted)
EZ Bar Curls
Barbell Shrugs
Deadlift(6 sets of 8)

M

matter2003

Apr 11, 2013
Workout 1(4/7/13): 30 seconds of rest between all sets

Squats: 155 lbs(8x8)
Bench: 135 lbs(4x8)/Dips: BW-45 lbs(4x8)
Wide Grip "Sternum" Pullups: BW-85 lbs(8x8)
Lying Leg Curls: 80 lbs(8x8)
Arnold Press: 25 lbs(8x8)

I was so wore out from this, went home, laid down and passed out for about 30 minutes. Extremely sore for he next 4 days, hamstrings were so tight, they felt like they were going to tear for 2 days straight every time I took a step.

-skipped HIIT workout Monday, moved to Tuesday

Tuesday(4/9/13): HIIT workout as above

Wednesday(4/10/13): Hamstrings were so sore still, could not do squats, had to sub LE's. 30 seconds of rest between all sets.

Hammer Curls: 30 lbs(8x8)
Close Grip Bench: 135(4x8)/Tri Dips: BW-45 lbs(4x8)
Leg Extensions: 115 lbs(8x8)
Barbell Shrug: 225 lbs(8x8)
Deadlift: 185 lbs(6x8)

Wasn't as tired as previous workout, probably could have gone a little heavier with the weights, but since I was just starting out with this program, I would rather start a little lighter and then keep moving up in weight.

Thursday(4/11/13): HIIT Workout as described in first post.

Sunday(4/14/13): *First day of ostarine/ 25 seconds of rest between sets

Squats: 165 lbs(8x8)
Elevated Feet Pushups: BW(8x8)
Wide Grip "Sternum" Pullup: BW-75 lbs(8x8)
Lying Leg Curls: 85 lbs(8x8)
DB Shoulder Press: 25 lbs(8x8)---someone was using military press and someone was using 30 lb DB's, so I didn't go up in weight

Felt pretty gassed again after this workout. Went home and laid down for about 15 minutes, not sure if I fell asleep or not. Surprisingly I woke up Monday feeling as if I didn't even workout the day before...huge difference between last week and this week. Doubt its the Ostarine, but it was pretty interesting to note how I felt.

Monday(4/15/13): HIIT as described above

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Welcome to the Den bro. Crazy volume you're attempting. I hope you're conditioned for that. If you're not, you might want to scale it back and take the next 12 weeks conditioning yourself for it. Simply by working up to it.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
Welcome brother... looking forward to following your log

M

matter2003

Apr 11, 2013
Welcome to the Den bro. Crazy volume you're attempting. I hope you're conditioned for that. If you're not, you might want to scale it back and take the next 12 weeks conditioning yourself for it. Simply by working up to it.

Thanks for the feedback and the welcome!

Well, I am in pretty good shape---for my age, I would say I am in really good shape, comparatively. I have done various forms of density training previously, John Romaniello scripted programs which are always fast paced, 5x5's at a quick pace, and I got through MI40 which was a beast of a program(40 days straight of either lifting or cardio, no days off, similar pace).

The best thing about these programs from running them previously is that even if you are not in great shape going into them, the body adjusts pretty quickly, or at least mine did. When I first started density training(alternating exercises for a set number of minutes, as many reps as possible) I remember going from one week to the next and being really surprised just how much better my conditioning was, even on a week to week basis.

It is a lot of volume, but I think I will be able to handle it at least for a few months...

M

matter2003

Apr 11, 2013
Welcome brother... looking forward to following your log

Thanks, brother! Looking forward to logging!

On a side note, I bought some MK-2886 from Osta-Gain...supposed to be the best in the business from the research I have done(and the logs/reviews I have seen), made in the USA by research scientists themselves, and has pretty stringent quality controls in place including lab verifying each lot with a COA to ensure the product meets standards. Very impressive. Price isn't too bad with a discount code especially considering it is dosed slightly stronger than it specifies...and I am on a time deadline of June 1st here...no time to play games with a product that I have seen rated ineffective by a few people, although to be fair I have seen others say it worked well...gotta be sure, I can always go back to the MP stuff after running this cycle...Also considering extending it to 8 weeks as many logs I have seen said this is the sweet spot for ostarine

Last edited:
M

matter2003

Apr 11, 2013
Workout Wed 4/17/13:

Today is a Carb Down day---have one serving of carbs...decided to eat my carbs before working out so I had some extra oomph, as I am off til Sunday as far as lifting and tomorrow is a carb up/refeed day I will have plenty of time to get some glucose to the muscles before Sunday...plus I like the extra GH release from not eating carbs directly after a workout...carbs cause the release of somatostatin, which shuts off GH release...

Took 3g of GABA and 0.5 mg of melatonin prior to workout...always can feel when the GABA starts working as you get this fuzzy feeling all over your face and head ad it almost feels as if you are slightly numbed for a few minutes...

Squats: 175 lbs(5x8, 1 x 6, 2 x 8)-tweaked my knee on 6th set, so I racked it for that set, wasn't hurting that bad so I just pushed through it for 2 more sets---probably wasn't the smart thing to do, but I tend to do these things, lol...probably will have to stay away from squats for a little while, pretty painful to walk on right now...
Feet Elevated Close Grip Tri Pushups: BW(8x8)
EZ Bar Curls: 55 lbs(8x8)
Barbell Shrugs: 235 lbs(8x8)
Deadlifts: 195 lbs (2 x 8/2 x 6)-wanted to do 6 x 8 on this, and easily could have done it, but leg started acting up, and it was apparent this was not agreeing with it---noticed I was really rounding back trying to put less pressure on my right leg, which is never a good idea, so I just stopped instead of potentially jacking up my back too...

Leg is very stiff and pretty painful...most likely a sprain, no swelling, so I don't think it is too serious. Going to look into a knee wrap, or may have to give up barbell squatting in favor of the Hammer Strength V-Squat---I know its not as effective, but its more effective than not being able to lift legs at all because my knee is jacked up...have used it before and never had any issues with injuries from it...best estimate is its about 60% of what a barbell squat is, so you use more weight, but there is no way you could do the same amount of weight on a barbell squat.

Will see how tomorrow goes as far as doing cardio. I am on my feet a lot at work, so its not going to get much time to rest while there. If I do cardio tomorrow, it will likely be LISS, so I don't put undue stress on it from HIIT. May just skip it tomorrow depending on how I feel and do it Friday or Saturday morning...

M

matter2003

Apr 11, 2013
Not much to report as my knee has kept me from doing the cardio I planned to Thursday night. Still bothering me, although feeling better each day. Probably need to leave legs alone for a few weeks, so I will be focusing on my upper body more. Thinking about adding another workout in there as the lack of squats or reads will likely allow me to do some extra work...

Workout tomorrow will be a chest/back/shoulder split following 8x8 patterning

M

matter2003

Apr 11, 2013
Switched over to the Osta-Gain Ostarine the past 2 days and have to say it tastes like a cross between strong Robitussin's cough syrup, Chloraseptic(almost has a numbing quality), and novacaine. Pretty nasty stuff, but not as bad as what I thought it would be from reading other people's posts about it, lol...taking 17.5 mg per day, planning to run until the bottle is gone, about 7 weeks

Today's workout was Chest/Shoulders/Back still following 8x8 style and dropped rest periods to 21 seconds, although it was probably more like 25 seconds most times since I use Jefit to log my workout on my phone, it takes a few seconds for me to pull it out, and save the set info, etc...

Bench Press: 145 lbs(4x8)---struggled on last set, shoulders and triceps started giving out on me...had to pause twice during the set to get the 8 reps, more like a 4/2/2 set
Wide Dips: BW-55 Lbs(4x8)
Wide "Sternum" Pullups: BW-65 Lbs: (8x8)
Arnold Presses: DB 30 Lbs (4x8, 1x6, 3x7)---struggled to get last couple reps in the later sets...using Fat Gripz prob didn't help
Jockey Row: 35 Lbs(8x8)
Standing Lateral Raise: DB 10 Lbs(8x8)---shoulders on fire during last few sets

All in all, a pretty good workout, took 45 minutes flat from beginning to end...didn't feel wiped right away like I normally do when I have squats and/or deads in there, but after about 2 hours it really started to hit me and my body feels really drained...

Was on a cheat day today, so I loaded up with carbs, tomorrow is a carb down day again and a rest day. Will be working out Tuesday and Thursday this week...

M

matter2003

Apr 11, 2013
Temporarily have stopped using Formeron to try and allow Ostarine's joint healing effects to take place better, since some believe it may be due to increased estrogen conversion in the body...knee is feeling better, not sure how much that has helped tho as aromatase level stay down for a while even after stopping use, which has only been since Saturday...

Workout yesterday: Again set my clock for 21 seconds between sets, but more like 25 secs after a few seconds to pull out phone and log each one.

Close Grip Bench: 145 lbs(2x8,2x6)
Tri Dips: BW(4x8)
Drag Curl: 50lbs(8x8)
Feet Elevated Plank: 30 seconds(x8)
Kneeling Overhead Rope Extension: 50lbs(8x8)
Incline DB Hammer Curls: 25DB(8x8)
Decline Twists: BW(8x8)

Hoping to give the knee til Sunday to heal and then maybe try some light leg extensions to see where I am at...will be doing another all upper body workout Thursday

M

matter2003

Apr 11, 2013
Knee is slowly getting better, but still can feel something is not right with it...

Rotated back to Chest/Back/Shoulders yesterday with some variations, 21 seconds of rest between sets:

Feet Elevated Weighted Pushups: BW+10lbs(8x8)
Machine Assisted Chin-Up: BW-45(6x8,2x7)
Barbell Shrug: 235 lbs(8x8)
Incline DB Press: 30lbs (8x8)
Wide Grip Lat Pulldown: 85 lbs(8x8)
DB Shoulder Press: 30 lbs(5x8,2x7,1x6)

M

matter2003

Apr 11, 2013
Starting to notice a few things the past couple of days...I guess this would be about the time Ostarine starts kicking in, its been 2 weeks now...

First is my upper body is looking thicker and more muscular, especially my upper chest, shoulders and arms. Second, I am noticing my abdominal fat is starting to shrivel up...tops of the lower sets of abs are now showing and the bottom part of my lower ab fat is starting to creep upwards...looks like it is eventually going to meet in the middle...fat is looking kinda strange also, like it has dips and creases in it, which I am assuming is becuase it is being used up pretty fast...

Can't wait to see what the next 6 weeks brings...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic