Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Frontloading DNP

P

poundpuppy

Sep 25, 2011
Gotta roll with Thingbig the man doth preach the truth. Amen...

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
Why on earth would someone frontload an uncoupler? What exactly would be the goal there?

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
I see alot peeps tryin it lately. I was never a fan, but i like to see if others find use. Riddle me this? Keto dieters dnp or not? I say nay? Im understanding that carbs are needed for dnp?

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
I see alot peeps tryin it lately. I was never a fan, but i like to see if others find use. Riddle me this? Keto dieters dnp or not? I say nay? Im understanding that carbs are needed for dnp?
Cutting and Tainter found no difference between diet. the only thing the carbs do is make you HOT, some look at it as a side effect and believe keto helps keep DNP "cleaner" while achieving the same results.

Me personally i use DNP when i switch from keto to carbs, makes a smooth transition and keeps the fat loss going.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Me personally i use DNP when i switch from keto to carbs, makes a smooth transition and keeps the fat loss going.

This makes sens to me, because my understanding is that DNP works from a different pathway than what common sense dictates _ ie phosphorylations or something Im not too familiar with......anyone?

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
JUst from reading the Dos and DOnts on many sites- Frontloading DNP would actually be the worse thing you could do, In fact if you were to die or go comatose from it- this would be why

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
It can be done, I've done it, I do not recommend it.

There's no need to do it, whether you "feel" it or not, DNP is working after the first dose. No scientific reasoning behind a need to do so, and it puts the risk/benefit ratio on its face.

Plus the longer your on it, the more fat you will burn, so mega doing for short durations is silly to me and a lot more dangerous.

The MOST intelligent advice thus far.

ALso it affects Insulin - DNP blunts the effects of insulin; this is a huge boon for dieters because insulin blocks lipolysis and causes the storage of adipose tissue. This means that carbohydrate intake does not need to be strictly limited, although it should stay reasonable for optimal results.

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011

Carbs aren't "needed" for DNP to work. The easiest way to explain it is that DNP is protonated on one side of the inner mitochondrial membrane (the high proton side mainly) and then transports the proton across the membrane which totally bypasses ATP synthase so ATP isn't created and the energy is wasted as heat. It's like stealing protons from the proton stash and transporting them like the ATP cycle would therefore making that part of the ATP cycle not possible (or very inefficient).

So long as NADH keeps creating a proton gradient for DNP to steal from (or ATP synthase to use), DNP will do the same thing. What's being oxidized doesn't matter to DNP so long as the protons are there it will take them and cross the membrane. The body prefers fat breakdown over muscle though no 1 substrate is used at a time so the potential for muscle loss is higher because the body is at a higher RMR but muscle is not the most optimal energy source so muscle catabolism should still be fairly minimal so long as you don't do serious cal restriction.

Carbs aren't needed though depending on the dietary and training approach they may be of value.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Carbs aren't "needed" for DNP to work. The easiest way to explain it is that DNP is protonated on one side of the inner mitochondrial membrane (the high proton side mainly) and then transports the proton across the membrane which totally bypasses ATP synthase so ATP isn't created and the energy is wasted as heat. It's like stealing protons from the proton stash and transporting them like the ATP cycle would therefore making that part of the ATP cycle not possible (or very inefficient).

So long as NADH keeps creating a proton gradient for DNP to steal from (or ATP synthase to use), DNP will do the same thing. What's being oxidized doesn't matter to DNP so long as the protons are there it will take them and cross the membrane. The body prefers fat breakdown over muscle though no 1 substrate is used at a time so the potential for muscle loss is higher because the body is at a higher RMR but muscle is not the most optimal energy source so muscle catabolism should still be fairly minimal so long as you don't do serious cal restriction.

Carbs aren't needed though depending on the dietary and training approach they may be of value.

Because you seem to know much on this topic-Well Im going to trust You Bro as I really dont use DNP, but all my reading sources indicate otherwise, then again I tell others dont believe everything you read. I really would like to see the two people here sharing their DNP logs find success , that way I may want to see how they did things differently and give the DNP another try

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
I know alot about it from a biochem standpoint and have monitored a few people using it but it's not something I recommend, screwing with cellular metabolism isn't needed to reach any goal but people are impatient and do some extreme things, I just hope they do so safely.

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
x2 on does not need ANY carbs to work. Just less heat, so the sides are less, and then ppl think its not working. It's the perception that causes it.

georgewbush

georgewbush

Nov 26, 2011
Why on earth would someone frontload an uncoupler? What exactly would be the goal there?

because as you said people are impatient, the whole reason they are using dnp in the first place.

also what difference does it make? dnp has an active life of over a day, at least i can still feel the effects of it a day+ after cessation, so it will accumulate to greater levels in the body than what the daily dosage is and considering this i don't really see why it would be an issue to frontload a dosage that would be equivalent to what the daily dosage will eventually accumulate to (assuming it has a 24-36hr half life in the body).

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic