Members
Latest Member
arcticranger

front squat harness

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
I thinking about investing in this front squat harness...anyone try this out yet?...Not looking to build power from it but just to build more lower sweap ...dw

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Never tried it but have you tried using straps to help grip the bar when performing front squats? I'm assuming you cannot hold the bar Olympic style which is why you need to find another way to be able to hold the bar.

Try front squatting like this. I know a few SM/PLers who perform their front squats this way b/c they don't have the wrist felxibility and their biceps are in the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011

You don't want to cross your arms b/c you'll never lift as much as you can if you hadn't crossed them. Crossing them will make your back round when you drop your arms even a slight bit from the weight being heavy. You need to stay upright and that's not going to happen when you cross your arms.

I guarantee you RR if you try them my way you'll lift WAY more.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I wont be doing front squats for awhile due to my stupid knee. One of my training partners does them the way you have shown. He is more OLY than any of my other training partners.I am slowly learning from him. Alot of our crew lacks explosiveness.

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
yeah the flexability part is hell to get but slowly it is getting better.

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
front squats are excellent for quad size and shape.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
DW I have used one a couple times and I was able to squat out way more reps with it. Worth your hard earned bucks IMO

Shovel

Shovel

Oct 21, 2010
It's weird that some days I have the flexibility to do them and some days I don't.? Which harness are you considering?

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
Never tried it but have you tried using straps to help grip the bar when performing front squats? I'm assuming you cannot hold the bar Olympic style which is why you need to find another way to be able to hold the bar.

Try front squatting like this. I know a few SM/PLers who perform their front squats this way b/c they don't have the wrist felxibility and their biceps are in the way.

this is a great tip, thanks for sharing. Ive always done mine by crossing my arms, im hitting legs thursday, im definetely going to try them this way. What kind of straps is he using? Just regular lifting straps??

Last edited by a moderator:
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
this is a great tip, thanks for sharing. Ive always done mine by crossing my arms, im hitting legs thursday, im definetely going to try them this way. What kind of straps is he using? Just regular lifting straps??

Those are just regular wrist straps. I've seen this before, never tried it. Think I'll give it a go too. Good tip from BI!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic