Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Freak's Training Log

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Agreed. TID gained a lot when WCBB died (unfortunate irony). Many of them had been registered here for years but became more active here after that. GF brought the most activity the earliest, and it gets damned time consuming trying to make sure you don't miss anything .....
You got that right. I miss a lot of stuff here that I never missed on WCBB, but that is my own fault. On WCBB when I signed in, I had it open straight to the new post tab. Now I just look at the recent activity side bar, but I miss things.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
You got that right. I miss a lot of stuff here that I never missed on WCBB, but that is my own fault. On WCBB when I signed in, I had it open straight to the new post tab. Now I just look at the recent activity side bar, but I miss things.
Lol ... I meant not skipping anything of yours.

I save time by skipping anything from @FlyingDragon that includes phallic imagery.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Pull day. Only working sets listed.

Lat rows - 80 lbs x 13/7/4 (Rest pause set)
Cable rear delt fly - 40 lbs x 14
Chest press shrugs - 225 lbs x 18 (I face the chest press and pull into a shrug. Most people do shrugs incorrectly and only hit the top of the traps, not realizing the traps travel down a majority of the back. By pulling up at an angle you can hit the whole trap.)
Seated dumbbell curl - 30 lbs x 12 (These are done on an incline bench, so the starting position is several inches behind my hips. I do both arms at the same time with a 4 count eccentric.)
Overhead cable curls - 40 lbs x 15/?/? (Rest pause set. I lost track of how many I did on the 2nd and 3rd round, as someone was talking to me during my set.)
Deadlifts - 375 lbs x 10/495 lbs x 2/574 lbs x 1 (Not bad for a guy who hasn't deadlifted in a long, long time; has degenerative disk disease in multiple spots in his back; tweaked his back last week; aggravated his patella three weeks ago and is on a cut.)
DC rows - 70 lbs x 15

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Today should have been legs, but with my patella tendon still being a PITA, I moved up push day and moved leg day to Tuesday.

Incline Smith Press 315 lbs x 9/275 lbs x 6/225 lbs x 7 (Drop set)
Cable Scoops 30 lbs x 12
Smith Tricep Extensions 155 lbs x 8/135 lbs x 8/105 lbs x 9 (Drop set)
Rope Extensions 160 lbs x 10
Cybex Laterals 90 lbs x 17 + 5 partials
Dumbbell Military Press 100 lbs x 12 (I think it was 12. I have to go back and watch the video.)

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Pull day

Wide Grip Pull Down 230 lbs x 9/180 lbs x 10 (4 count eccentric. The stack only goes to 200 lbs, but I figured out a way to wedge some small dumbbells in there.)
Cybex Rear Delt Fly 110 lbs x 15 (4 count eccentric)
Chest Press Shrugs 225 lbs x 14 (I do these in Chest Press Machine, like Hammer Strength.)
Meadows' Row 125 lbs x 13 (4 count eccentric)
DC Row 80 lbs x 12/60 lbs x 15
Cable Side Curls 35 lbs x 20/10/5 (Rest pause set)

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Patella tendon is still pissed off, but I said, "fuck it" and did heavy hack squats anyways. I just wrapped up instead of knee sleeves. The pain never went above a 4-5, which is pretty much how it feels when I push off on that leg anyways.

Straight Leg Deadlifts 405 lbs x 10 (This was just a warm up. I could have done a few more reps, but wanted to save some energy for the hack squats.)
Hack Squats 7 pps x 7
Seated Leg Curls 130 x 9/5/4 (Rest pause set. Not a lot of weight, but I hold it at the bottom for a 2 count then the eccentric is a 4 count.)
Adductor Machine 110 x 11 (2 count pause on the squeeze and 4 count eccentric. Sure, I can do the whole stack for 20, but if you do them like this, it will kill you.)
Hip Thrust 7 pps x 9 (Way better than a barbell hip thrust. This allows me to focus on the movement and not the bar digging into my pelvis.)
Seated Calf Extensions 250 lbs x 25/13/12 (Rest pause set.)

Yano

Yano

VIP Member
Sep 18, 2022
Patella tendon is still pissed off, but I said, "fuck it" and did heavy hack squats anyways. I just wrapped up instead of knee sleeves. The pain never went above a 4-5, which is pretty much how it feels when I push off on that leg anyways.

Straight Leg Deadlifts 405 lbs x 10 (This was just a warm up. I could have done a few more reps, but wanted to save some energy for the hack squats.)
Hack Squats 7 pps x 7
Seated Leg Curls 130 x 9/5/4 (Rest pause set. Not a lot of weight, but I hold it at the bottom for a 2 count then the eccentric is a 4 count.)
Adductor Machine 110 x 11 (2 count pause on the squeeze and 4 count eccentric. Sure, I can do the whole stack for 20, but if you do them like this, it will kill you.)
Hip Thrust 7 pps x 9 (Way better than a barbell hip thrust. This allows me to focus on the movement and not the bar digging into my pelvis.)
Seated Calf Extensions 250 lbs x 25/13/12 (Rest pause set.)
Good to see the tendon didnt keep ya out of the battle. Right on man !

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Smith Machine Bench Press 365 lbs x 7/315 lbs x 5/275 lbs x 4 (Drop set)
Incline Dumbbell Fly 80 lbs x 8
Various Single Arm Cable Extensions (4) warm up sets
Smith Machine Close Grip Bench Press 275 lbs x 14/4/2 (Rest pause set)
Hypertrophy Coach Cable Laterals 25 lbs x 14 (Check out Joe Bennet's channel Hypertrophy Coach on YouTube if you want to see how these are done. You will never want to do laterals another way again.)
Meadow's Front Raises Green Band x 16 (I was experimenting with a band vice dumbbells. I am not saying it was better. It was different.)

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
DC Pull ups BW + 100 lbs x 9/4/2 (Rest pause set. 4 count eccentric.)
Cable rear delt fly 25 lbs x 13 (4 count eccentric)
Upright rows 80 lbs x 16
Floor rows 275 lbs x 10 (Really good reps)
DC rows 80 lbs x 14
Scott curls 30 lbs x 10/25 lbs x 4/20 lbs x 4 (Drop set. 4 count eccentric.)

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Patella tendon is still pissed off like a MOFO, but I don't see any point in training if you don't train heavy.

SLDL 405 lbs x 12 (Just warming up my overactive muscles.)
Belt Squats 6 pps x 12 (Platella tendon was pissed before I started and was really pissed by the time I got to 4 plates per side. I put on my double ply knee sleeves for my sets with 5 and 6 plates per side. That helped.)
Seated Leg Curls 110 lbs x 14 (2 count hold, 4 count eccentric)
Abductor/Adductor Superset 200 lbs/110 lbs x 10 (4 count hold, 4 count eccentric)
Smith Machine Single Leg Standing Calf Raises 135 lbs x 7 bottom range, 7 top range and 7 full range

norm

norm

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2023
I admire your devotion to the grind man. These logs are very informative.

I must ask about that Patella tendon issue. Being old(er), I've learned to heed to such issues; for me, they only lead to major problems if ignored.
If you have experienced this before and it comes and goes then cool. If not, maybe rethink it. I had a sore triceps tendon for quite a while---just worked through it. Then I fell boarding and snapped that sucker. Coincidence perhaps, but I don't know. Once fixed and rehabbed it's been a non-issue for a long time now.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I admire your devotion to the grind man. These logs are very informative.

I must ask about that Patella tendon issue. Being old(er), I've learned to heed to such issues; for me, they only lead to major problems if ignored.
If you have experienced this before and it comes and goes then cool. If not, maybe rethink it. I had a sore triceps tendon for quite a while---just worked through it. Then I fell boarding and snapped that sucker. Coincidence perhaps, but I don't know. Once fixed and rehabbed it's been a non-issue for a long time now.
I have not had any issues before. Believe me, this is actually taking it easy. I have always lived by the mantra, "If it doesn't scare you then it is not heavy enough or you are doing it wrong." This is my rehab. Haha. I can't win shows without massive quads. Judges have told me several times, my quads put me over the top.

I am old as well. 33 years of slinging iron will take a toll on you.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic