Members
Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Forearms weak point in my bicep curls

K

keys619

Jun 15, 2013
I have a good reason to believe that I can curl much more than I am and that my biceps can take a lot more load than I'm currently curling up its just my forearms get completely exhausted during sets,and also my biceps are never really sore next day.......A few pointers from some of you's more experienced guys here in the den on how to 'jump this hurdle' and increase my poundage on curls would be really appreciated.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Try straps.

also deadlifting more.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Are you going for the amount of weight you can curl or trying to stimulate growth in the biceps?

K

keys619

Jun 15, 2013
Are you going for the amount of weight you can curl or trying to stimulate growth in the biceps?

I'm aiming for both -curling more weight and stimulating growth.... would i be right in assuming I need to improve my forearm and grip strength to achieve these goals?

E

Eatcleanathlete

MuscleHead
Mar 4, 2014

I'm listening...... I want to grow my biceps too. Not so much concerned with the weight at the moment

K

keys619

Jun 15, 2013

Maybe you know of some good high intensity bicep workouts with a lesser weight to stimulate growth?

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Maybe you know of some good high intensity bicep workouts with a lesser weight to stimulate growth?

I can make a few suggestions perhaps.

Wrist curls to hit forearms directly, high reps 5-6 sets. And believe it or not i have noticed a good difference in forearms from reverse bench press, however you may want to make sure you have some time under your belt before getting into that, just my opinion. Start light to medium weight with those.

As far as stimulating bicep growth, i will again say high reps 12-15 ( i am all about volume ) WITH GOOD FORM, drop the weight so you can control it instead of slinging it around and swaying. There are tons of bicep workouts you can choose from, in fact there is a thread here under "Training" section called "post up your arm routine" lots of good stuff in there, i think i threw a lil something in there.

Hit them twice a week, high rep day, and a heavy day to get you going.

Check out Ben Pakulski bicep training on Youtube, i've been watching his stuff lately and really liking it.

Can you share a lil what your training looks like right now for biceps/forearm work? As well as your nutrition?

Last edited:
ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Years of combat in dojo and I toured duty along with heavy training my elbow tendons were wrecked - I had pain both arms even lifting my fork lol. I corrected it using direct forearm work and while the flare up was full blown I trained forearms prior to bis- 3 sets wrist curls off end of bench use barbell or dumbell . 3 sets reverse wrist curls keep Reps 12-15 this will get blood to carry more nutrients to injury and warm up for Bis. Once you feel normal change order but you may want to do few sets as regular maintenance if you are prone to it. My gym has a firearm machine where I can do all one staton . Try doing first but go slow see how it feels

K

keys619

Jun 15, 2013
I can make a few suggestions perhaps.

Wrist curls to hit forearms directly, high reps 5-6 sets. And believe it or not i have noticed a good difference in forearms from reverse bench press, however you may want to make sure you have some time under your belt before getting into that, just my opinion. Start light to medium weight with those.

As far as stimulating bicep growth, i will again say high reps 12-15 ( i am all about volume ) WITH GOOD FORM, drop the weight so you can control it instead of slinging it around and swaying. There are tons of bicep workouts you can choose from, in fact there is a thread here under "Training" section called "post up your arm routine" lots of good stuff in there, i think i threw a lil something in there.

Hit them twice a week, high rep day, and a heavy day to get you going.

Check out Ben Pakulski bicep training on Youtube, i've been watching his stuff lately and really liking it.

Can you share a lil what your training looks like right now for biceps/forearm work? As well as your nutrition?

Thankyou for your response....
Yeah my bicep workout is basically just ez-bar curls mixed in with some dB curls reps around 8-12 range.....
Nutrition wise I eat a lot of canned tuna,eggs and consume about 1 litre whole milk daily

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
Take your forearms out of the equation for now, and old trick to do so was to drop your wrists back, don't hold them straight out. Then work on your forearms after your biceps, this form of omitting the forearms best lends itself to dumbbell curls, as per Arnold.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Any weak point you resolve through prioritizing through training . Wraps ignore it and can cause imbalances creating envirinment to injure . Ignoring weak points makes no sense ! Train weak parts first temporarily while energy and focus is high. dIrect forearm work Is only way to balance this issue. As is with any part that lags too far- specialized training or priority principles . Yes normally train after biceps - not if you are having these issues .

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic