Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Forearm injury

craig

craig

Aug 29, 2011
The past few weeks I have had a nagging pain in my forearm. It feels like a shin splint in my right forearm that sends a shooting pain when training biceps and some back exercises. I'd like to think I know what a pulled muscle feels like but I'm just not sure on this one. Pain has been increasing over the past 3 back/bi days, about 2 weeks. I talked to 2 medics in my BN and they are fucking useless. The base I'm at in Iraq in closing and the TMC is well... not much of a help. Any insight or thoughts?:-h

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Which part of the foeram the outside (back of the wrist and elbow side) or inside?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Also does it hurt if you make a fist and squeeze with your arm extended?

Jasthace

Jasthace

MuscleHead
May 29, 2011
I had a forearm strain about 6 months ago.I pumped it up that much during a back and biceps day,it just blew out.My forearm was pumped like a rock and pulsating.Bit of showing off was involved as I was in the philippines at the time, showing them how a white boy trains . :)
So it took about four months to heal. The only biceps excercise I could do was a machine and I had to place the grip handle on my wrist{inside} so I didnt have to grip and squeeze with fist , which upset the forearm. No chinups, seated rows. I could do lat pull downs with wrist straps also medium weighted tbar bows were ok.
Yes its sux ass. But you may have to just work around it and let it heal.
It could be a strain injury like I had.

Last edited:

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
With my arm extended palm down, its the bottom of the forearm. I can take a picture later after work to help show.

No, it doesn't hurt when I make a fist.

Without going into a long drawn out post Im guessing you have medial epicondylitis by the sounds of things aka golfers elbow - I actually have the same problem right now.

golfer's elbow - Bing Gezondheid

overwatch

overwatch

MuscleHead
Jun 27, 2011
Without going into a long drawn out post Im guessing you have medial epicondylitis by the sounds of things aka golfers elbow - I actually have the same problem right now.

golfer's elbow - Bing Gezondheid

Me too. I haven't been able to train arms for months and haven't trained at all for 2 weeks. It's had a profound affect on my mood.

M

MeatLocker

Oct 23, 2011
I'm definitely suffering from this. I tried to do a truck pull last weekend and couldn't even grip the rope..

A

afton

Sep 19, 2011
Don't know if it's exactly the same spot I have it (as its hard to describe exactly and seems to differ slightly on different people) but has effected pulling movements (back training) and training biceps. Had be depressed as. I tried everything even resting for weeks. Nothing helped just kept coming back. Finally gave acupuncture a try. Was a lot better after 1 session. About 4 weeks later, 1 session a week, it's almost 100%. If you have tried everything and it isn't helping, worth giving acupuncture a go.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Many times injury results from an imbalance or weakness , when your injury heals to the point of performing light exercise try a few sets of direct high rep forearm work to get blood in and speed healing. That's how physical therapy works , just remember you may need more than those 2-5 pound dim bells usually used at pt. most Rehab isn't aimed at a hardcore fitness buff or athlete

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
+1 for muscle imbalance....

I had a very, very good bencher advise me to work in some hammer curls ( I never do curls or any other biceps work)..... just to build up my forearms..... because of a similar injury from benching big. Hurt to bench, could feel it when I did rows, hurt to deadlift......

oh, and if you are on growth try backing off. A lot of mine turned out to be really bad tendonitis sparked up by the GH.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Well because of my knife and sword work, I have a long history of medial and distal epicondylitis , tennis elbow carpenter golfer all from similar repetitive moves. So for my entire 30 years of weights I've gotten around this by doing light forearm work, sometime I do forearms prior to bicep and the pain is eliminated by using this sequence until I can recover and revert back to a normal order of doing larger biceps first. Try it, you got nothing to lose. One of my gyms now has a multi nautilus forearm station for rotators, flexirs and extensions so even easier if you have access

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic