Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Food habits that caught you off guard and you didnt realize until you gained weight.

K

KyleB

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2012
For me...it was Costco desserts. I didn't really pay attention to how big the pies and stuff were. I'd eat 6 of their muffins without thinking about it, figured it was okay cause I'd always drop off the other 6 to a friend or homeless on way home. One time I ate 6 in a sitting and I kid you not, my pores gave off the blueberry muffin smell. Impulsively ordering pizza, always a large, always gone in one sitting.

I've learned to have a glass of water before going out to eat as well.

I've got it all under control now but man, wish I didn't have to backtrack.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I wouldn't say they caught me off guard, but I when I was younger, I wasn't fully aware of how much binge eating could fuck you up. I just figured you could always work it off afterwards. I used to have eating competitions with my Marine buddies, like eating (6) McDonalds Double Quarter Pounders in one sitting or going to IHOP for breakfast and eating a Colorado Omelet then eating 12 strawberry cheesecake pancakes. Hell, I remember once we went to McDonalds on a drill weekend (we were AD and hated hanging with the reservists on the weekends, so we ditched them most of the time) for breakfast. I ordered a few sausage, egg and cheese McGriddles, hashbrowns and cookies. One of my buddies said, "Hey, it is almost lunch," so we sat there and ate lunch as well. I powered down some more food and we started adding the calories up. It was like 9,000 and some change. I wanted to make sure I hit 10,000 so I ordered a shake. About an hour after it settled, I took the boys on a death run in southeast Louisiana summer heat.

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
eating too late/closer to bedtime is imho the worst mistake a dedicated BB can make. it seems i can damn near eat as much/whatever I want during the day but as long as I go to bed hungry I get leaner.

Rock Diesel

Rock Diesel

Mar 16, 2022
Almond butter late at night for me. I'd wake up hungry and eat a ton of it not realizing how many calories I was packing in.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
It's always the yummy processed foods that are calorically dense that throw me off. I don't really mind it since I only eat those occasionally, but yea.

I wish for once I could say the same for protein-rich foods, hahaha!!! It would be nice to have something with a shit ton of protein that is easy to make and tastes good as a solid food. I mean, if I had something small and the label stated '50g of protein' on it, and it was like the size of a snack food item, i'd be pretty ecstatic! lol. It would come in handy for many occasions.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
It's always the yummy processed foods that are calorically dense that throw me off. I don't really mind it since I only eat those occasionally, but yea.

I wish for once I could say the same for protein-rich foods, hahaha!!! It would be nice to have something with a shit ton of protein that is easy to make and tastes good as a solid food. I mean, if I had something small and the label stated '50g of protein' on it, and it was like the size of a snack food item, i'd be pretty ecstatic! lol. It would come in handy for many occasions.
About the closest thing I have found to something like that is low fat cottage cheese. I think 330 grams is 36-39 grams of protein and 240 calories. Not much else in there. Top with some sugar free jello or whatever your fancy.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
About the closest thing I have found to something like that is low fat cottage cheese. I think 330 grams is 36-39 grams of protein and 240 calories. Not much else in there. Top with some sugar free jello or whatever your fancy.
Yea, at this point in my life, i'm not sure I could hack down cottage cheese, lol. Between that and canned tuna, it's rough for me. I could probably do cottage cheese before tuna though. I actually like the NF or lower fat versions better for taste.

One of the leanest times I ever got was when I was eating a good 2 cups of cottage cheese for one of my meals. I think I had some green beans with it, lol.

It doesn't taste too bad though if you put it on toasted bread with pepper sprinkled on it. It's actually pretty good. It just depends on whether or not I can get the bread in with my macros and goals at the time. If i am just kind of going along with no goal, I may add it back in at some point.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
How much sugar is packed in foods these days.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic