Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Flu Shot

moebrane

moebrane

Oct 5, 2022
Anyone here get it on a seasonal basis?
I have had the flu 4 times in my life. Once at 16 and then in 2012 2015 and 2020. Each time I got it except at 16 I had the flu shot in the fall and got it in January or February. In 2012 it was really bad as I decided to fight it wit vitamins and OTC meds. In 2015 and 2020 I hit Tamiflu as soon as it hit. It still wiped me out for five days but seemed to help no high fevers just cold sweats and dead to the world for a week. My wife had to get it for nursing and it made her sick as a dog and she never gets sick or had sides from covid shots.
I never get it. Just don't trust pharma.
But I don't get sick hardly at all

Girl gets it as she is an RN

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
No, I have never gotten a flu shot because I rarely get the flu. I did grow up getting mumps, chicken pox, and measles and stuff so not sure if that help builds immunity.

Rock Diesel

Rock Diesel

Mar 16, 2022
I've never gotten the flu shot. I rarely get sick, but had the flu a few times and it sucks. I just hunker down and ride it out. Treat the symptoms the best I can.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I the case of the yearly flu shot, I have always gotten it, including this year's just a few weeks back. I am not anti-vax, just anti-covid vaccine/booster.

I got the c-19 Moderna double vaccine back in 2020, and since that stupid shot, i've had non-stop nasal issues. I use a nasal rinse (salt/baby shampoo/warm water) solution every morning and it helps a ton. I'll use it at night too if I remember. My friend GotGame suggested I try it out. He uses it himself as an MD. Anyway, that C-19 vax had me sicker than when I finally contracted the virus this summer. Both felt the same....fever, chills, achiness, nasal issues, brain fog, and lethargy. Sorry went off-topic here...lol.

I just made sure I wasn't getting a dose of the flu/c-19 intertwined together. I'm not sure if they ever got around to doing them in the same dose or not, but I had read that they were going to do it earlier this year.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
I got the flu shot 1 time in 99 during the last week of the year into the millennium. It made me sicker than i have ever been in my life. Thought i was going to fkn die.
Never took it again.

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
Started getting it in the military early 90s. Because I worked in the medical field I continued and now I just get it every year. Can’t remember ever getting the flu since

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I have had the flu 2X in my life of well over 50 years. Both times were when I did not get the shot. I refused the covid "vax" but get the flu shot. Never had the least prob with it. If it decreases my chance of that misery by 20% I would still get it. I think a conventional vax is benign unlike the mRNA shots.

I did read they got the strains wrong on this one and it will be less effective. I still got it. BTW covid was nothing. I tested positive and got 7 days off work. I trimmed my hedges and went kayak fishing. The flu whipped me, I was not right for 10 days both times.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
The sickest i ever was in my life was when i got the flu shot. Fuck that shot. That was over 20yrs ago and never got the shot again.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
The sickest i ever was in my life was when i got the flu shot. Fuck that shot. That was over 20yrs ago and never got the shot again.
Each time I got the flu it was the opposite strain the vaccine was prepared against. I will get Tamiflu and suffer for a few days .

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
I use to sometimes get the flu shot but once Covid broke out & I saw all the bs with their vaccines I lost all faith. I actually think I have the flu right now. I’ll take meds & deal with it before letting them stick me with that crap. I actually got sick almost every time I did get the shot.

rot-iron66

rot-iron66

Oct 30, 2022
I got the Flu shot once, got the flu very badly. Otherwise my immune system is tops. (Never got the flu again, and no shots).
I didnt get the clot-shot, as something seemed off w/ the way they were pushing it, and how fast it came out.
Glad I didnt, as I know 5 people personally who have since died "suddenly and unexpectedly" (post-jab) so screw that. Ill never trust 'em again...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic