Kuma
What's New?

Flu Shot

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Anyone here get it on a seasonal basis?
I have had the flu 4 times in my life. Once at 16 and then in 2012 2015 and 2020. Each time I got it except at 16 I had the flu shot in the fall and got it in January or February. In 2012 it was really bad as I decided to fight it wit vitamins and OTC meds. In 2015 and 2020 I hit Tamiflu as soon as it hit. It still wiped me out for five days but seemed to help no high fevers just cold sweats and dead to the world for a week. My wife had to get it for nursing and it made her sick as a dog and she never gets sick or had sides from covid shots.

B

Bilter

VIP Member
Jun 7, 2011
Efficacy is so low I don't see a reason to. Add to that I have very little faith in big pharma

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Efficacy is so low I don't see a reason to. Add to that I have very little faith in big pharma
It depends on if they hit all the right strains. It's anywhere between 40-60% effective. I'll take those odds over 0-0% without it.

Last edited:
MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
I usually get it but I forget from year to year.
Never made me sick.
I read the flu is bad this year but who knows.
I will get it this year.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I didn’t ever get it and I also feel it’s worthless. I feel that Vitamin C and D are very effective.

That said, my medical career over the last few years has changed and made this a requirement. I get the egg free version and hypoallergenic one that has no preservatives or anything in it.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
I've gotten one every year since the 80's, never had influenza since then. Never have a reaction to the vaccine. IMO, why take a chance, I don't have time to be sick.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
I didn’t ever get it and I also feel it’s worthless. I feel that Vitamin C and D are very effective.

That said, my medical career over the last few years has changed and made this a requirement. I get the egg free version and hypoallergenic one that has no preservatives or anything in it.
Which brand is it? We get them free at work. I will inquire with my primary care. Not sure if I have a choice at work.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I usually get it if offered at work, but might be too late this year. I think I have the flu right now.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Which brand is it? We get them free at work. I will inquire with my primary care. Not sure if I have a choice at work.
You just have to ask for it. Tell them you’re allergic to egg’s. They have to have it.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
I get it but never use to.

Once I caught the flu back to back in the span of two years, I decided to start. If anything, it may help dampen the duration of the flu, and I heard it’s going to run rampant this year. I got my shot last week, not taking any chances.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic