Members
Latest Member
jacobss

Figure line up

Friggemall

Friggemall

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2020
The first one I noticed in the lineup was the red suit as well. She has the best overall package in that lineup, (no offense). You look good too. Height has a disadvantages so often in the shows. (my opinion also because I'm, 6'-2" LOL) Tighten up your conditioning and things will happen is great ways. The problem with regional shows is the judging is inconsistent. They will say you're too big or too small or this or that then you get to a national show and it's completely different. Just do not get discouraged, keep doing what you love!

Kluso - once you pop your cherry and get on stage you'll be hooked. You'll form friendships and see there are a ton of great people back stage and on stage.

As for coaching one's self...it has good and bad sides. Many think they know what they are doing and DON'T. I see so many on IG that do one show and think they are all that and first thing they do is think they are a coach. Now, there are absolutely shitty coaches too. LOTS of them, and big name people too. My opinion is the internet has made coaches lazy and take on way more clients than they should and throw out cookie cutter programs, communicate once a week or two weeks. I've had a coach that changed things so often we never even had a chance to see if something was working. (also an asswhipe that only responded every couple weeks to weekly check-ins. Last year I decided to coach myself because of disappointment, and while I looked decent, I wasn't seeing what I needed to see and listened to the wrong people telling me I looked great when I only looked good and was not in the condition I needed to be...getting sick the day before the competition didn't help but I still messed up on a couple decisions and refeeds where I should have done different and wouldn't have done the same on one of my own clients.
My current coach, a 10 time Olympia qualifier and Arnold champion makes me check-in every other day and never misses communication.

Another thing is, far too many people are not honest with their coaches. My wife is a perfect example...her coach is a 7 time Olympia WP competitor, winner of the Arnold Europe (from France), and she has her at 2 weeks & 3 days out with carbs 4 of her 6 meals. Why? because she looks good...why? Because she is only having carbs 2 of the 6 meals and a total of 70g. Her coach thinks it's working but it's not because she is not being honest. (meanwhile I'm dying on 1/2 cup oats with meal #1 on non training days and 1/2 cup oats meal #1 and 1 cup rice pre workout on training days LOL) That is one thing about coaching yourself, ya can't lie about what you're doing, but the negative is you talk yourself into or out of things you should or shouldn't do.

Anyway, I'm blabbering.

Anita Blumpkin

Anita Blumpkin

TID Lady Member
Jul 19, 2023
I agree and disagree with hiring a coach. I too am self coached and have no problems coaching myself. However, I have encountered MANY and I mean MANY, who cannot coach themselves. Those who have higher levels of anxiety, usually cannot coach themselves. I have watched them try then scrambled to find a coach who will take them in the last couple weeks, because they mentally cannot handle it. Most are doing just fine, but they start second guessing themselves and make catastrophic changes that sabotage their look. Or they just stress so much they end up retaining water on show day they didn't when they did their trial run.
Yup I agree with you for sure. I know many people like that. I coach my best friend lol she's exactly that person.
I guess it's only overrated for the people that prefer to have control over the process. When you coach yourself you often have ones you run stuff by to see if they agree with your changes. I definitely appreciate my one friend whose competed about 7 times now. She was my sounding board.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Great job! You look great both as wpd and figure.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic