Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Feel like venting about to give up going to the god damn gym cause of god damn tendinitis

gentao

gentao

MuscleHead
May 16, 2011
Why doing you ask your doctor for a cortisol shot? Is it strictly tendinitis? How old are you?... Trying to get an idea if it may be osteoarthritis or an atypical presentation of gouty arthritis? Does acetaminophen help?

Im actually gonna get a cortisol shot this week. Im 32 and i have taken voltaren

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Been there bro, stress fractured both of my legs when I used to run "allot", could barely walk. I agree with RR that maybe a break for a while might make a difference, maybe even some water type therapy with a kickboard to work on them without the pressure.

Have you tried any of the liniments they have out there. JB turned me onto the ones on EliteFTS and I love them, making a huge difference. I have the Blue and the Black EQ block, the blue is a menthol type deep cooling and I kind of prefer it and it's results but when shit gets bad that EQ block who's main ingredient is Capsaisin.

Blue
Elite FTS

Eq Block
Elite FTS

Growinboy

Growinboy

MuscleHead
Sep 25, 2010
Im not much older than you bro, and I asked the ortho doc that did surgery on both my knees about the tendinitis in my elbow... There isnt a lot that can be done other than to take time off and see if it heals some... As far as the liniments, I use the blue eq and its usually just enough to get me thru a heavy bench session- then again, it hurts so bad for a week after that that I can hardly even sleep... Better than being a fucking slug on the couch though...

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011

tendonitis of the proximal patellar tendon. cortisone will help it but time will do better. also see if you can find a product called surpass. it is a topical antiinflammatory for horses but they use the same drug in humans. it is very good at decreasing the inflammation and decreasing healing time.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
1% diclofenac sodium is the active ingredient in surpass which is a vet drug. The human equivalent is Cambia, Cataflam, Voltaren, Voltaren-XR and Zipsor.

gentao

gentao

MuscleHead
May 16, 2011

tendonitis of the proximal patellar tendon. cortisone will help it but time will do better. also see if you can find a product called surpass. it is a topical antiinflammatory for horses but they use the same drug in humans. it is very good at decreasing the inflammation and decreasing healing time.

I'll look it up. thanks

1% diclofenac sodium is the active ingredient in surpass which is a vet drug. The human equivalent is Cambia, Cataflam, Voltaren, Voltaren-XR and Zipsor.

ive taken voltaren before. it did help but after a month and a half of it it didnt work as effectively. My doc did prescribe me Naprosyn to see if that helps. Im looking into ghrp-6 but have found mixed reviews on it helping to heal tendinitis. If it does i probably wont be using it since i have no idea whatsoever on cycling it. Read up on hgh but it just seems very confusing. maybe ill just be flat out honest with my doc and see what he says

Benchingover500

Benchingover500

Jun 19, 2011
the cortisol shot will help. Any other inflammatory symptoms? Just wondering if it's primary or secondary.

gentao

gentao

MuscleHead
May 16, 2011
the cortisol shot will help. Any other inflammatory symptoms? Just wondering if it's primary or secondary.

that what the doc said but like anything it may not heal it. no i dont feel any other symptoms accept once and awhile i'l feel the pain extend downward towards my shin, but thats once and awhile. i did have an xray done and the doc did confirm that it was tendinitis.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
ive taken voltaren before. it did help but after a month and a half of it it didnt work as effectively. My doc did prescribe me Naprosyn to see if that helps. Im looking into ghrp-6 but have found mixed reviews on it helping to heal tendinitis. If it does i probably wont be using it since i have no idea whatsoever on cycling it. Read up on hgh but it just seems very confusing. maybe ill just be flat out honest with my doc and see what he says

did you use it topically or take it orally?

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Orally. I didnt know they had a cream

the topical is what we use in horses. has great research showing some very impressive local antiinflammatory results. it is used for osteoarthritis as well as tendon and ligament damage. i have used it on my hands and wrists and i have had clients who have used it on their shoulders and swear by it.

gentao

gentao

MuscleHead
May 16, 2011
the topical is what we use in horses. has great research showing some very impressive local antiinflammatory results. it is used for osteoarthritis as well as tendon and ligament damage. i have used it on my hands and wrists and i have had clients who have used it on their shoulders and swear by it.

i already have a prescription for naprosyn so do you think i should maybe give this a try first or change it to the voltaren cream

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic