Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

Favorite Hotel Brand

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
IHG. Usually, if I am travelling alone, Candlewood Suites. If I have the family, it is an Airbnb or VRBO. Has to have a kitchen or I am not staying. I refuse to eat out all the damn time. A couple times, but every meal, no way.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Haha… I forgot about this thread… glad to see it’s resurfacing again from @AnnParker and those tips. Looking forward to an introduction in the new member thread

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I like what everybody else posted...I guess even AnnParker, lol.

I'm gonna get creamed on this, but I always take my own sheets/blankets and either pillowcases or pillows no matter where I stay. I also take sani-wipes and do a wipe-down as well. I throw those nasty blankets and quilts they never wash into the closets and use my own.

Same with towels...I bring my own.

I'm getting worse as I age:(

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022

I'm gonna get creamed on this, but I always take my own sheets/blankets and either pillowcases or pillows no matter where I stay. I also take sani-wipes and do a wipe-down as well. I throw those nasty blankets and quilts they never wash into the closets and use my own.

I think that's prudent. My ex-girlfriend and I stayed at Gaylord Hotel (Opryland), which Marriott bought.. and subsequently ruined. We barely escaped a bed bug infestation, but we found out soon enough we could take precautions. I'm honestly not a fan of Marriott; I've only ever had bad experiences with them.

AnnParker be off the chain HOT, yo! How much you think they make with those kind of posts? A quarter?

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I think that's prudent. My ex-girlfriend and I stayed at Gaylord Hotel (Opryland), which Marriott bought.. and subsequently ruined. We barely escaped a bed bug infestation, but we found out soon enough we could take precautions. I'm honestly not a fan of Marriott; I've only ever had bad experiences with them.

AnnParker be off the chain HOT, yo! How much you think they make with those kind of posts? A quarter?
Yea, i've found most of these chain hotels are hit or miss geographically where they are at, and of course, it all always depends on the management who are running each one, like I guess every other business. I'm sure there are some 5-star hotels that are good everywhere, much like the consistency of an In-n-Out burger (they are always on the money everywhere, regardless if you like them...you can always count on them being the same).

P

postworkoutballs

Apr 8, 2023
Cheapest hooker methhead motel I can find

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015

I am not that bad, but I do bring my own blanket and just sleep on top of their comforter. I started doing this after I woke up with a rash on my arm and a bunch of swelling after sleeping in a hotel bed.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Wow can’t believe @MR. BMJ bringing his own pillows, sheets and comforter… how does that work for flying?

I have a Space bag and a pillow I bring. Any high end brand NOT a chain brand I’ve stayed at has very nice linens and pillows. For me when I travel I’m limited to either Hilton or Marriott, it’s a love hate relationship at ALL times.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
I stayed at one of the worst ever last week in DC. It's called Motto by Hilton. I got thre and they tell me it's a "mico hotel" which means the rooms are 110 sqft. So I looked on interwebz and turns out that Federal Prisons reuire 75 sqft per cell. So, I was staying in a luxury prison suite. The homeless in DC was surreal. bums everywhere. Pungent stench of power weed every morning stareting at 11:00 am. shop keepers spraying puke off the side walk every morning. This was 4 blocks from the White House.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I am cheap. I like Red Roof inn and Motel 6. never had a bad experience with either.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Wow can’t believe @MR. BMJ bringing his own pillows, sheets and comforter… how does that work for flying?

I have a Space bag and a pillow I bring. Any high end brand NOT a chain brand I’ve stayed at has very nice linens and pillows. For me when I travel I’m limited to either Hilton or Marriott, it’s a love hate relationship at ALL times.

Yea, i'm a little extreme, but so was my ex, so it all worked together. I don't hardly ever fly, except when we'd go down to Mexico where she was from, but I could see how that would be tougher. In that case, i'd probably just bring my own pillow cases, maybe 1 pillow. My blankets are usually pretty thin, layered because i get hot easily. I guess if I was heading up to states or countries during snow season, i'd have to rethink some things, lol. I'd probably still bring my sheets though, at least the bottom one.

A

AlphaMale!

VIP Member
Dec 11, 2022

Attachments

• A0159D64-8AF4-433F-B6F0-5B4BF99B9381.jpeg
    A0159D64-8AF4-433F-B6F0-5B4BF99B9381.jpeg
    161.8 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic