Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls

Favorite Bencher?

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Rahman is the most impressive..... but I'm a huge fan of Rob Wilkerson. I know, he's huge, but that doesn't make the weight he manhandles any lighter..... paused reps with ~600, repping out 650 with his wife lifting off for him on a crappy gym bench, overhead pressing ~500.

Luyando is my favorite bencher in gear though. He's not as strong as Mendelsson or Rychlak, or Kennelly, but he's a very technical bencher and is absolutely fearless.

I really enjoy watching both of those guys Porky.

I like how they both answer questions.

I have PM'd Rob L back and forth on FB before asking him questions. And I am not the only one. He responds to people asking him equipment, training and diet questions all the time.

They both take time to help out other lifters.

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
I just learned that my soon-to-be sister in law is first cousins with Clay Brandenburg, owner of Detroit Barbell in Brownstown, and a guy who came in second at the Arnold Classic with a bench of 821 lbs. I've not met him yet, but I plan to at the first opportunity. I have seen him and his wife, Shelley, compete in events though. They are both amazing.

Last edited:
porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I just learned that my soon-to-be sister in law is first cousins with Clay Brandenburg, owner of Detroit Barbell in Brownstown, and a guy who came in second at the Arnold Classic with a bench of 821 lbs. I've not met him yet, but I plan to at the first opportunity. I have seen him and his wife, Shelley, compete in events though. They are both amazing.

Clay is an awesome guy to talk to and lift with. He's gone as high as 930 in contest ( successfully ) and really knows his shit.
If you ever get a chance to lift with him and/or pick his brain - do it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic