Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400

Favorite Bencher?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Simple question... Not asking who is the best, but who is your favorite. Maybe someone you try to emulate when you press?

For me its Sebastian Burns from Metal Militia. When I got really serious about fixing my terrible bench I used a lot of his methods. Rather than pushing in a straight bar path like Simmons recommends, I push back to the rack. Only thing I had to change was I can't tuck my feet back if I want max leg drive. Any of you that are familiar with my pics or me personally know that most of my weight and power is in my legs. Anyway, here is a quick vid of a training day for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I think my favorite equipped bencher is Kennelly. I like his physique, and would like to have one similar to his. I loved watching his DVD Road to the Arnold. I have watched it probably 20 times.

The bencher I try to immitate when I bench now is Spoto. We are the same height and I think built similar. He's quite a big larger than me though.

I watched some videos of him last year and started doing a couple things I noticed him doing and it helped me out a lot. His form and technique are awesome and don't really change much during his lifts. So consistency is something I would like to try and develop more.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I think my favorite equipped bencher is Kennelly. I like his physique, and would like to have one similar to his. I loved watching his DVD Road to the Arnold. I have watched it probably 20 times.

The bencher I try to immitate when I bench now is Spoto. We are the same height and I think built similar. He's quite a big larger than me though.

I watched some videos of him last year and started doing a couple things I noticed him doing and it helped me out a lot. His form and technique are awesome and don't really change much during his lifts. So consistency is something I would like to try and develop more.

Was Kennelly sentanced yet?

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
That would be me. Not the strongest but do pretty good raw. For reps.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
That would be me. Not the strongest but do pretty good raw. For reps.

You should do a meet but do bench only.

If you can do 405 X 8 , your max is probably around 450.

You would do great man.

Superman

Superman

VIP Member
Aug 28, 2012

You would do great man.

405x8 is way above 450... hes close to 5

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011

You would do great man.

he's an ox with a BB mentality, I'd love to see him go to a meet!

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010

You would do great man.

I would say closer to 5. Not going to try that though.

Superman

Superman

VIP Member
Aug 28, 2012
My favorite bencher is ME, thats no bullshit

Now My favorite person to watch bench is Ryan Kenelley.
Here are some other epic benchers
Eric Spoto, James Henderson, Scot Mendelson, gene rychlak, Nick winters- died before his time, hit a 700 raw in a gym

These guys come after those guys those 6 are the best of ALL time and no order you put them in can describe how good they are
Stan efferding, Rob luyando, KK, rock lewis, Paul bossi, tiny meeker

Bill crawford is also nice to watch on a bench

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic