Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Failure is success (M.A.S.S.)

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
This was written by BigCat. I thought it would make for a good discussion.

It's part of "M.A.S.S. Training Part 1: The five principals of skeletal muscle hypertrophy"

It's the first paragraph of the first principal.

----------------------------------------

Failure is success

I get quite lyrical on this subject. Bodybuilding is NEVER a success story. If you've observed any of the pro's on their way to the Olympia from 1977's Pumping Iron to next year's release of Generation Iron you will see these men are notoriously unsatisfied with their current level. They know that however good they are now, it's never good enough. Some call it a disease, and perhaps to some extent it is, the same way an anorexic girl feels she is never thin enough. But the truth of the matter is they KNOW that all the guys standing next to them on stage will be doing their best to be bigger, better, leaner and more symmetrical by the next year, and even if they walked away victorious now, the bar will always be set higher, and that being the best now is no guarantee to be the best next year. Why am I rambling on about this ? Well because this lies at the very core of our sport. It's the only sport where failure is your guarantee for the greatest success.

-------------------------------------------

It seems never being satisfied isn't just bodybuilding for me, it's every aspect of my life. It is who I am and drives me to excel in the things I do. It's why I know over the next couple of years, my body will change drastically.

I've never been in a show (yet), so winning or losing makes no matter to me at this stage. It's like a drive inside to continue to excel and become better no matter what. I'm always in competition with myself.

I'm sure I'll never be satisfied. I've never been satisfied with anything else.

I started because I didn't want to be an overweight drunken slob for the rest of my life. What I found was the most satisfaction in not being satisfied. It keeps me going, it keeps me learning, it's the only thing that has ever given me any goals and keeps me from feeling like I'm wandering aimlessly through my life.

I don't care what anyone thinks about it. If it's a disorder, I've had it my whole life but without any kind of direction for it.

Now I have a direction for it.

I'm sure many others out there feel the same.

HDH

jrice

jrice

Jun 3, 2013
Powerful stuff right there.........Well said...

E

Ed Green

Jun 4, 2013
Good post - in strength training there is always only the next goal - its a battle against failure from the first exercise of the first session

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Thanks guys, I love the drive.

HDH

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic