Members
Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Experience with Leangains diet

Adambiceps

Adambiceps

Nov 3, 2011
Has anyone tried the Leangains diet i started it 2 weeks ago, the premise is 16hours fasted then an 8 hour eating period, i'm actually enjoying it but i just wanted to know if anyone else does the leangains diet, and what way do they eat etc, how many meals etc.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I tried researching the criteria and method of working this diet and had no luck at all. Seems like the creator is in the process of writing a book about it and now the info is locked away...?

Do you have a link or PDF that outlines Leangains by any chance? I'd love to give it a read.

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
Yes I've been doing it for about a month now. Working very well. I'm up about 2lbs and down about 2% bodyfat. It works well for me since I don't really have the time to break for a meal every 3hrs while I'm at work. I eat 3 meals a day. The majority of my calories for the whole day are consumed post work out.

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
Intermittent Fasting Workout Day Meal Plan For Fat Loss Thats the only link that i have on it "Go Away", apart from just searching on google leangains, but i basiclly do the diet thats on the link, im siting at 90kg's now and very lean from it and im growing too so im loving it :D

This diet absolutely blows away anything else I've tried and I haven't even dialed in the specifics yet regarding macros and calories. The simplicity of it makes it so much easier to follow and I actually enjoy eating again.

ForeverFit

ForeverFit

May 28, 2012
I just joined this site. I have done Leangains for about 3 months. I put on some mass for a couple months. Strength is improving. Now I am trying to make a cut before I redeploy home. I eat two big meals, lunch and dinner with a snack. I love eating bigger meals. I am now just stating to track macros as well as calories. Look at Leangains.com. Alan argon aslo writes about meal timing. I train fasted early AM and don't eat until noon. So far so good!!

Last edited:
Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
It just seems too good to be true! Until I meet someone who's done it or I see some before and afters from some of y'all, I'm skeptical.

All the reading and research I've come across until now states not eating when you wake up keeps you catabolic... And to train catabolic would mean to use muscle as the fuel source.

And wouldn't you not absorb all the nutrients from those big meals at the end of the day...? Then it's on to surplus spillover...

But... I'm not a doctor. I'm a laborer.

ForeverFit

ForeverFit

May 28, 2012
I understand the skeptism. But what research have you seen that says you have to eat every 2-3 hrs. They often based that on the thermogenics of the digestion of food. I am on a mobile device and deployed so it is hard to site stuff for me but at the link below you can get a start to do more research. IF is not magic but it makes living easier. No more meals all the time and taking coolers snack packs Tupperware etc. I eat between noon and 7pm. I work out at 5am. Even on a cut at this time my major lifts are staying the same or improving slowly. Some people to google: intermittent fasting and.... Dr John Berardi, Alan argon and Ryan zielonka. This will give u a start. Additionally the hormonal advantages are very good with fasting. Increased insulin sensitivity = better nutrient partitioning. I hope this helps. I am sub to this so let me know if u have any questions!!! Hope it helps

An Objective Look at Intermittent Fasting - AlanAragon.com - Fitness Based on Science & Experience

moocow0463

moocow0463

Jan 11, 2012
I've heard of this and seen someone use it with great results. I read through the articles posted and I can't find anything on meal frequency. I found nutrient calculations etc but how often do you eat when do you fast?

moocow0463

moocow0463

Jan 11, 2012
Let me see if I can answer my own question. You fast 16 hours so say 9 pm til 12 pm next day then you hit the gym and eat 3-4 meals span across 8 hour period. Then fast again? Seems it would be hard for me as I do a 6 or 7 pm workout

Digging a bit deeper there are a bunch of methods for this. You can eat pre and post workout your post workout meal should be the largest. Seems there can also be methods of carb or calories cycling introduced for periods of time then adding reset day, going to look into getting a book

Last edited:
ForeverFit

ForeverFit

May 28, 2012
Let me see if I can answer my own question. You fast 16 hours so say 9 pm til 12 pm next day then you hit the gym and eat 3-4 meals span across 8 hour period. Then fast again? Seems it would be hard for me as I do a 6 or 7 pm workout

Digging a bit deeper there are a bunch of methods for this. You can eat pre and post workout your post workout meal should be the largest. Seems there can also be methods of carb or calories cycling introduced for periods of time then adding reset day, going to look into getting a book
There are different ways to do it. I train fasted. It's a habit since I am in the military. I eat at noon and it's a little larger meal than others. The # of meals u eat is irrelevant. It's personal preference just as long as your get your right calorie/macros for the day. Personally I try two have two meals and a snack so I don't get the sick distended belly feeling. on my high calorie day I squeeze in an extra snack.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic