Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Endocrinologist appt

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
It has gotten so bad that at some point, most everyone on HRT will be getting their T from UG sources. Two issues are at play, one most docs are clueless about HRT and PEDs in general, and with prescribing T, IF something should go wrong and they don't have documentation to show they were being really cautious, it's their ass. Not worth it to them relative to risking their asses and they don't have the time to keep up with the literature or even care to. Throw in the anti-testosterone bias and you have what you have.

R

Realize

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2010
I’m way confused! You got a script for test but you’re seeing an endo in a month? Why would u stop the eow injections if you were prescribed it? Was this your primary care Dr that put u on the test? And now they want u to fallow up with endo? Or you don’t like what one Dr gave you so your seeing another?
She cut me off for no reason so I took matters into my own hands.

R

Realize

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2010
So what do I expect? Do they just take blood with no happy ending? This is my first time

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Depends on what kind of happy ending you looking for. Lol. Hopefully your happy ending will involve a a weekly test injection. Keep us posted. Always curious what Drs are prescribing these days.

R

Realize

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2010
Depends on what kind of happy ending you looking for. Lol. Hopefully your happy ending will involve a a weekly test injection. Keep us posted. Always curious what Drs are prescribing these days.
I definitely will

R

Realize

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2010
Update, went yesterday and all we did was talk. He threw everything at me that could lower testosterone and I told him he can eliminate all of that except alcohol. I said I’m in my 40s and he said it shouldn’t be so low until you’re in your 50’s. Next step is to retest my levels. That means I got to stay off and keep getting fat
My bp was actually kinda low which is weird

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I had no luck with an endo a month ago. I tested at 800 ng/dL whihc is well within range where the lab was 240 - 1100. My hematocrit was 52%, 1 point above normal and he said I was in danger of a stroke and wanted to cut my dose in half. I walked out. He wrote me up. My primary and he are in the same group. I'm done with the whole group. I had been on TRT legit for 10 years. I had to change docs for a number of reasons including change of insurance and vaccine status. Now I have no doc.

Good luck with your guy. Mine destroyed my treatment and medical care. Now I'm on my own until I find the correct doctor.
Same bro, started going to a dedicated T clinic. My hematocrit was like yours and he just said we need to watch it, give blood from time to time. Only thing I did not like was he tried to put me on a statin. My LDL is a wee bit high and my ratio of LDL and HDL is a tad off but by a tiny bit. Other than that, that is all they do is T. On the flip side, they are more expensive.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Same bro, started going to a dedicated T clinic. My hematocrit was like yours and he just said we need to watch it, give blood from time to time. Only thing I did not like was he tried to put me on a statin. My LDL is a wee bit high and my ratio of LDL and HDL is a tad off but by a tiny bit. Other than that, that is all they do is T. On the flip side, they are more expensive.
I looked into Defy Medical. A friend uses them. It would be about $3000 a year. I could afford it but I am a cheap bugger. Right now I will do my own. I am waiting for a doc to open up new patients. I hear she is good. We will see. the way I see it, I know more than them. I do blood work at least 2-3 times a year. I act to correct any issued that show up. Mostly, PCPs are pill pushers. They mostly can barely read an ECG. They push any drug that falls into a chart and love to push any and all.. except test.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Update, went yesterday and all we did was talk. He threw everything at me that could lower testosterone and I told him he can eliminate all of that except alcohol. I said I’m in my 40s and he said it shouldn’t be so low until you’re in your 50’s. Next step is to retest my levels. That means I got to stay off and keep getting fat
My bp was actually kinda low which is weird
Not for nothin' but I use GW501516 when off and it improved my lipids sot here is that. I don't know what your test numbers are but if it's around 300 ng/dL just keep training, add a little cardio and I add the GW and it helps. You could always add a little GHRP and CJC DAC. That also help in my case and it never impacted my blood work.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
At uni we used a Web site called rate my professor. There has got to be a Web site that rates docs on willingness to write certain classes of prescriptions. Saves people from doctor shopping. My doc is great over 10vyrs now I get drug tested every month and every few 3 months get DNA metabolic absorbing test. Not gonna lie I've seen the country corner in the office more than once.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
I’ve never had an issue with hematocrit but kidneys been my biggest issue. My creatinine went up again and now I’m not so sure the astragalus was helping. I did just come off a long blast. What is it about gear that messes with kidneys exactly? Or is it just the protien, hydration and heavy workouts?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic