arcticranger
What's New?

Elite Totals & Golden Oreos

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I agree. This seems to be the future.
I am gradually understanding the benefit of linear progression for the novice and auto regulation for intermediates and up.

I never would've known when you dial it down a few years ago. I just lifted until I hit a wall... And I was ALWAYS searching for that fuxking wall!

The future is taking the guess work out of RPE and incorporating the several products out there like a tendo that measures your bar speed. Your speed correlates to an rpe scale. But instead of perceived exertion it's actual.

I wish I had the cash for one because I really REALLY need to start experimenting with this. I am handling guys that are at a point where perception can be off and over shooting is becoming much to frequent. I need better metrics to work with.

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
Tendos are like.....3k? Totally worth it to keep your gains bruh.

T

ToolSteel

Mar 1, 2016
The future is taking the guess work out of RPE and incorporating the several products out there like a tendo that measures your bar speed. Your speed correlates to an rpe scale. But instead of perceived exertion it's actual.

I wish I had the cash for one because I really REALLY need to start experimenting with this. I am handling guys that are at a point where perception can be off and over shooting is becoming much to frequent. I need better metrics to work with.

There's a new affordable option out. I don't have a link handy but if you go to duffin's yt page he interviewed the creators recently.

Edit:
Openbarbell 1.0

Google it. $199.

Last edited:
Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Elite Totals & Golden Oreos

Low Carb Creamcicle Shot:
4 oz diet orange soda
1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
Few drops of vanilla extract
1/2 tbsp stevia
Carbs = 1g

Low Carb Root Beer Float:
12 oz diet A&W
1 tbsp cool whip
1/4c heavy whipping cream
Carbs = 5g

Weight today: 289 lbs

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Tendos are like.....3k? Totally worth it to keep your gains bruh.

There was one at Sorinex back when I was Oly lifting. It's definitely worth it if you got the money to spare.

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
I am handling guys that are at a point where perception can be off and over shooting is becoming much to frequent. I need better metrics to work with.
It might be the guys' understanding of RPE 9. Some people may be overshooting the RPE because they have the mindset that RPE 9 is one rep shy of failure. And failure to them is when you can't possibly do another rep (it breaks down or doesn't fully complete). So some may work up to a set in which the last rep was a quasi-grinder because the next one would be a rep that induces failure. And that's RPE 9 to them.

Maybe RPE 8 is probably what most people think they need to see to get what you're meaning. Maybe as a trial, you can try that with new clients? Or at least change the RPE 9 to 8 on the second and third exercises on the main lifting days?

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Cheesecake Fluff:
8 oz softened cream cheese (16g carbs)
4 oz heavy whipping cream (4g carbs)
4 tbsp sour cream (2g carbs)
4 tbsp Torani Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup

Mix all ingredients together until they turn into stiff peaks.
That's it.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Friday - March 25, 2016
SFB Bully Yoga
Wave 1 // Week 3

Super D Shoulder Work
Banded upside down hangs
Hip distractions

Good Mornings
95 x 5
95 x 5
95 x 5

DB SLDL
25s x 10
25s x 10
25s x 10

Squats
(1 min rest periods)
135 x 5
135 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 5
315 x 5
335 x 5
355 x 5
355 x 5
355 x 5
Volume = 8575

Sumo Block Pull
225 x 3
315 x 3
405 x 3 @7
455 x 3
475 x 3 @8
495 x 3
505 x 3 @10 (grip failed)
Volume = 6465

Bulgarian Split Squat
25 x 7
35 x 7
45 x 7
45 x 7
45 x 7

288.2 lbs

Lower back feeling pinchy as fuxk. Did mad hip stuff and lacrosse ball rolling and it helped a bit but left leg split squats gave my right glute acute pain. I need to take a damn anatomy class ASAP. I have tons of notes concerning what to mash if another spot is troubling me... Thinking of drawing all this shit up so I can refer back to it.

Upper back is really knotted up also: infraspinatus and teres minor are very delicate when mashing them and it makes my front shoulder sing (right around the acromial end and up over the top of my shoulder stopping at the trap insert). Pec minor at the coracoid process tie-in is very tender as well. Rolled that shit too.

Workout took exactly 2 hours. Seems like that's routine. The first movement takes at least an hour long.

Videos to come later today or tomorrow of squats and block pulls...

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
How's your neck/traps? Hit those with some massage/heat too. That might help alleviate some of that upper back tightness.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
How's your neck/traps? Hit those with some massage/heat too. That might help alleviate some of that upper back tightness.
Always tight honestly. If I dig in there with a bar or lacrosse ball my whole body gets mega-chills. Shit is crazy...

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Squats and block pulls from yesterday:

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic