Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Elbow issue

SocioMachiavelli

SocioMachiavelli

May 30, 2018
I dislocated my elbow when I was younger and when they set my arm .. My left is2mm approx shorter than my right and the curve when straightened is slightly different.

I haven't trained in a couple of years due to other issues, anyway when I hit the gym this morning I found my left arm to be weaker than my right in all exercises. .. Bicep curls, dumbbell flies etc.i also know that tomorrow I'm going to have stiffness in that joint... Is there anyway I can strengthen this so its not an issue?

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
Some good advice that I read was to do single arm work and start with your weak arm and then only match it with your stronger arm. It will certainly take time but would create some balance.

Good luck,
Hawk

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I think we all have imbalances of some sort. Our limbs are never the same length (ask a tailor about that). I always assumed my right arm was stronger because I'm right handed, then I remembered I had a massive nerve pinch in my left maybe 10 years ago, maybe I had some long term damage? Anyway, I try to work them the same using the weak side as the gauge.

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
sounds fun but light weight and focus on the negative---slow movement
it will work ---leave ego at door
funny how i can smoke some of myclients with bands and 10-15 lbs db
had a guy with doms so bad from 15lb db working delts
he couldnt get them to grow with heavy weights

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic