Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Eating frequency and missing meals

S

Sammy555

Feb 22, 2012
Miss a meal, double up next meal. Results are identical. 2 or 3 large meals a day will do you and you can even cut on one a day and hold muscle. As someone else mentioned eating more regular smaller meals can keep stomach flatter during the day but in terms of muscle growth, fat loss the results will be the same

M

morrey

Jul 17, 2012
If you are still hitting your macro numbers then it wont matter

J

J2048b

MuscleHead
Jul 2, 2012
Try to stay at least 90% compliant, the other 10% will help u stay sane and it will work its way out, if u miss a meal move on, dont stress over it! Or adjust ur eating schedule and eat the last meal later, but seriously, how much of a gain will u ultimately loose in the end if u miss 1 meal?

(HP)

(HP)

Feb 24, 2013
I use to obsess over this shit when I first started leaning out for the first time. Then I realized a lot of my energy, a huge part of my time during the day, and my life were revolving around eating, planning my next meal, preparing my meals, and eating them. As much as I enjoyed it and everything seemed to "flow" I certainly was not enjoying other aspects of my life.

Eventually what I realized was eating 4 solid meals was 10x better than trying to plan to eat every few hours, eat 6 meals, or obsess over the shit.
So I started eating the 4 solid meals and realized my nutrition increased and so did everything out in my exercise routine. I rarely missed a meal, and
I received the proper nutrition during each of these meals because I wasn't going "oh shit I ate too many carbs 4 times today already" based on a
million different portion sizes because some days I'd eat as much as every 1-2-3 hours. So it became 4 meals for me.

Generally during the week: Breakfast, early lunch (because of work), pre-dinner, dinner
Generally on the weekends: Breakfast, normal lunch (off work), dinner, before bed meal

Hope this shed a little light on an option you can possibly look at trying out?

BuildBigger

BuildBigger

Aug 27, 2012
Thanks everyone for being so helpful!
One of the things I thought, probably cause i've read it on the net somewhere (not necessarily true) is that the body can only process so much food at a time so thats one of the reasons that smaller meals are better, the metabolism is kept 'on the go' because of the constant(ish) supply of food and another being that blood sugar levels are kept more stable leading to less fat storage and less less chance of catabolism thus an anabolic state? just though i'd throw it in there
Yeah I'm open to anything really and I think I'm in the 'obsessive' stage at the moment. Would you mind letting me know what your meal plan is with any shakes you're having too just as a reference HP? Thanks

Last edited:
burkdog24

burkdog24

Apr 10, 2013
Hit your daily macros ! That is most important. Timing comes second to that. I usually space out my meals 4-5 hours apart to maximize protein synthesis.

S

stevemc

Nov 19, 2011
I read it actually takes 48hrs to start losing muscle.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic