Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Does this seem off or is it just me

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
It gives me a warm feeling that the government cares so much about my well-being.

I think it's a bit late and believe much of what we consume will be implicated in the future for the health issues that seem to be trending upwards... decreasing sperm counts, autism, etc. I drink nothing but purified water from Kirkland, but who knows if that doesn't have its own problems.

My suspicion is it's just dog-wagging, trying to make the Biden administration look benevolent and productive instead of increasingly out-of-touch and wildly ineffective. Need those votes, and Apple and WaPo are definitely willing to help.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
It gives me a warm feeling that the government cares so much about my well-being.

I think it's a bit late and believe much of what we consume will be implicated in the future for the health issues that seem to be trending upwards... decreasing sperm counts, autism, etc. I drink nothing but purified water from Kirkland, but who knows if that doesn't have its own problems.

My suspicion is it's just dog-wagging, trying to make the Biden administration look benevolent and productive instead of increasingly out-of-touch and wildly ineffective. Need those votes, and Apple and WaPo are definitely willing to help.
All in the same arena as Obama taking a fake sip of Flint MI water. I agree. I think this stuff will be implicated later on because they certainly won’t tell us how much damage is doing right now. We have a big Berkey water filtration system at the house. Hopefully that’s helping when we were on the farm, we got all of our water from limestone spring, but now we’re going off Wellwater that’s going through the Berkey

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
The gov only does stuff when forced into it or if it helps them stay in office. This is not to benefit the USA folk, it is congressmen and senators doing what people have been screaming about for a very long time because election time is coming.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I work for a municipality. Our water is top tier. I have friends that work there and they won't drink from the tap. Refrigerator filters may help but there is no where you can really get pure water. Bottled water in plastic? Nope.

So where?

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
If I'm not mistaken, isn't that Berkey mentioned by Halo the gold standard in water filtration?

I guess to get really pure water, we'll have to tap into an iceberg, but we better hurry since they are all disappearing. I think there's only one small one left.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Berkey is definitely a top filtration system. I actually think they might’ve gone out of business but there are so many companies that Copied them most parts are interchangeable. We bought a ton of the filters and they last for quite a while.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Berkey is definitely a top filtration system. I actually think they might’ve gone out of business but there are so many companies that Copied them most parts are interchangeable. We bought a ton of the filters and they last for quite a while.
Is the primary components glass? Most of the filters today are plastics. so it's funny we charcoal filter etc to remove organics but then leave it sitting in a filter container that is plastic.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I read this arrival about a week ago and I think the EPA is pure trash. These chemicals have had issues in water for 40+ years. So why say something now? Plus, what about all the other chemicals in our water? I have a ton of filters to remove all the crap in my water even though my water comes from glacier melt. Not everyone else has that, but if the government cared so much, how about banning everything in the US that has been banned in all the other countries because they cause tons of health problems and cancer. Like I said, government is pure trash.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 3 members watching this topic

, ,