Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Nickobat
What's New?

Does anyone else find bodybuilding prohibitively expensive?

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I was natty for about 20 years and still had gains, slow, steady with ass busting effort is where it's at.

I have never found it to be prohibitively expensive unless i flipped out and bought a bunch of useless supplements, be wise with your choices.

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
A 50 lb bag of steel cut oats from Honeyville costs 58 bucks -shipped!

Chicken on sale. Check the newspaper, there is a sale on boneless breast or thighs every week at one grocery store or another. People make fun of all the chicken I eat. It is affordable.

Protein costs, milk, cottage cheese, beef, fish... but if you keep your eyes open, purchase in bulk when sales hit...

You gotta plan ahead, cook ahead to eat less expensively.

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
Chicken breast - $3.50 per pound
Peanut butter 8oz - $8.22 (if you can find the stuff anywhere).
Fresh milk $1.99 per 33.8 US fluid ounces
Ground beef $3.00 per pound
Veg is seldom eaten over here and is a bit pricey.

Hero Swole

Hero Swole

Apr 18, 2013
Nobody in here mentioned tuna yet.

64 cents a can

M

mustang_00

Jan 4, 2013
there was a guy on another board planning his cycle around the dollar menu at mcdonalds... it was a insane cycle. never happened though cause his house blew away or some shit!?

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
We eat a BB clean diet year round but when we did a Paleo type diet our food bill for the week was nearly doubled . It's the " organic " component that does this , I'm not sure if it's the same in the U.S. but here it makes the cost unreasonable especially with the quantities of food we eat .

The whole "Organic" thing is a crock of shit anyway. At least in the US it is. My sister owns a small farm. She was looking into getting the "Organic" certification... what's required? You pay a fee. That's it. That's the only ****in difference between the small bruised crappy looking fruits and veges and the large plump ones. Somebody paid a fee so they could get their certification and now they sell there shittiest looking produce for twice what they sell their good stuff for and just label it "organic."

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
Chicken breast - $3.50 per pound
Peanut butter 8oz - $8.22 (if you can find the stuff anywhere).
Fresh milk $1.99 per 33.8 US fluid ounces
Ground beef $3.00 per pound
Veg is seldom eaten over here and is a bit pricey.

In my state I routinely pick up chicken breast for no more than $1.99 a lb. Unless that peanut butter is organic you're paying way too much. 95% lean ground beef is $4.59 lb. Fresh milk is $2.49 a gallon which equates to 3.78 L. 1 lb of frozen spinach is $1.69 lb. No idea what the fish oil costs. Protein powder is around $16.80 give or take per week. 32 oz of egg whites is $4.59. 1 dozen eggs is $1 You can get cucumbers for 25 cents at the farmers market. Bananas are 49 cents a lb. I would say I spend about $200 on food and $54 on protein powder. I find protein powder very convenient at work. Add water then shake and presto you have a protein drink. Get some oats. I get the ones that are pre-measured for about $1 for 3 servings. That way I don't have to measure. Add hot water and you got your carbs. I forget what almonds cost. I think it was around $12 for 32 oz, so those are cheap as well. Substitute chicken breast for sirloin steak. 32oz of fat free cottage cheese is $2.49 I go through a pint of olive oil a week which costs $4.03 for the good stuff that I like. All the prices I posted are what I pay on sale.

Slic.

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
I'm shopping in Spain......and the ground beef is mixed with pork. Peanut butter is fk expensive over here and hard to find. Protein powder doesn't exist below $60 for a 5lb tub.

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
2 lbs for $16.80 here. I pay 68 cents a can for tuna.

Slic.

Hero Swole

Hero Swole

Apr 18, 2013
I'm shopping in Spain......and the ground beef is mixed with pork. Peanut butter is fk expensive over here and hard to find. Protein powder doesn't exist below $60 for a 5lb tub.

Why do they mix the ground beef with pork? lol

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
What is the cost of becoming a fat, lazy couch potato?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic