Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Do OTC supplements really work?

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
You have quite the balls, kid. This is a discussion board. You're going to have lots of different experiences, and people using different sources of information. I dont always agree with everyone, sure, but we debate, and usually the majority will sway a person in the right direction.

I have lost count the amount of times you have made posts like this, bashing other members. Quite honestly, I can't believe you have the Vet title based on how many times you have bashed, insulted, boasted, and just created a hostile environment.

Lastly, Admin is a big boy. He can decide whatever the hell he wants on this board. I am sure he will be thrilled to hear your insult.

The board looks like shit? There's the ****in door

To start with I do have quite the balls. I don't mind telling it exactly how I see it. If that offends you too bad. Second thing "kid"? I'm almost 40 I'm far from a kid. I been on these boards for a pretty good while and you and I both know the board politics so don't give me that VET status bullshit, I been on the boards longer than most of the VIPs here have been working out. The reason I'm not "allowed" to be VIP is simply because there are a few assholes who talked to admin a long time ago and convinced him not to allow me access to certain sections of the board. It has nothing to do with experience or character so lets not pretend that it does.

Yeah, I know Mugzy and I know he is a big boy and all that bullshit, we go back a while. I never said the board looks like shit. What I said was "It makes your board look like shit." referring to stupid ass posts by people who have VIP status and don't know shit. Giving out bad advice ect. As for the door, F uck you. I'll stay until Admin decides I'm no longer welcome. I have some friends here. You don't like it? Don't read my posts.

Last edited:
T

Theintermediate

Nov 4, 2013
I think you would benefit from purchasing the Examine.com supps guide. Puts everything in to perspective.

From a natural point of view, and I coach two physique girls too, a lot of supplements are indeed absolutely bull shit.

But there are a lot of really effective supplements, for things like gut health, nutrient absorption, increased recovery, mitchondrial fat shuttling, energy pathway improvements.

Such as:
glutamine - gut health and nutrient absorption
EFA- same, plus immune health and blood brain barrier efficiency, plus fat loss, etc
Carnitine - mitchondrial fat shuttling
BCAA
Ashwagandha Root, for cortisol reduction (great when dieting down)
Pre/Probiotics.

These are some of the supps I believe in anyway. I've done my research though.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
Read my signature.

You're not very perceptive.

I think you would benefit from purchasing the Examine.com supps guide. Puts everything in to perspective.

From a natural point of view, and I coach two physique girls too, a lot of supplements are indeed absolutely bull shit.

But there are a lot of really effective supplements, for things like gut health, nutrient absorption, increased recovery, mitchondrial fat shuttling, energy pathway improvements.

Such as:
glutamine - gut health and nutrient absorption
EFA- same, plus immune health and blood brain barrier efficiency, plus fat loss, etc
Carnitine - mitchondrial fat shuttling
BCAA
Ashwagandha Root, for cortisol reduction (great when dieting down)
Pre/Probiotics.

These are some of the supps I believe in anyway. I've done my research though.

If you're looking for nutrient delivery and absorption nitrates would be the way to go.

Glutamine may also be good if your immune system is less than normal

AXEMURDERER

AXEMURDERER

MuscleHead
Jan 5, 2011
Fish/Krill Oil
D3
Probiotics
Creatine
Glutamine
Melatonin

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
I stick to the basics 99% of the time. I have tried my fair share of PH's and such.

As far as Supplements

As Often as I Can
Creatine
BCAA's
Pre-Workouts (Like trying new ones)
Whey Protein

I'm going to start Beta-Alanine at 5g Daily for a min of 12 weeks.

I've tried some odd stuff every once in a while. Like [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Arachidonic Acid (X-Gels and Axis Labs as one) I didn't like it. Made my joints and tendinitis flare up more.

Their is a few I'm interested in as well, but have escaped me right now.

[/FONT]

V

Vick

MuscleHead
Jun 13, 2012
Bottles of ice cold Isopure work like magic for me, so sick of protein powders and meat I'd rather do shots of raw eggs with tequila.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
If you're looking for nutrient delivery and absorption nitrates would be the way to go.

Glutamine may also be good if your immune system is less than normal
Nitrates are good (beetroot powder seems to be one of the best sources), although glutamine would actually be a good thing to run alongside as it has been shown to improve nitrogen balance whilst decreasing 3-methylhistidine (which is a biomarker of muscle catabolism). It can also help to increase protein synthesis and potentially elevate HGH secretion (which would both aid recovery and muscle growth).

As well as known benefits to the gastrointenstinal tract due to the cells in the intestinal epithelium using glutamine as their primary metabolic fuel, it's also useful for the immune system; it acts as a key substrate (or molecule) for both lymphocytes and macrophages.

One other benefit I am aware of is blood sugar stabilisation, probably because glutamine is recognised as a glycogenic amino acid. Studies have indicated that it's able to stimulate the accumulation of muscle glycogen which if true would have advantages for endurance athletes ~ or really any athlete that depends on glycogen stores for energy.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic