Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Dennis Wolf

red rocket

red rocket

Feb 17, 2011
He is my current favorite bodybuilder out there, and I think he should place better then he does. I think his legs are massive, I haven't seen many guys up there that have the same size and shape as him, and yep his calves are just plain small. He should bite the bullet and use some posing oil for em, only thing in my opinion that is gonna get em upto par. Or some lutelize lol.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
He's great, and I like the package he brings to the stage. The weaknesses ID'd above are legit weaknesses, and they are improving, but it's a slow slog. Will be interested to see how he does this year.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
They are a hard muscle to stimulate growth in. Seems whatever genetics gave you is gonna be 90% of what you end up with. Mine suck too. But I still pound them 3x a week.

^^^ True this 100%.

While at the beach yesterday, I saw some hack maybe 175lbs, looks like he's never worked out in his life, was carrying a kid and looked like he had 18 inch calves with huge development.....genetics play a huge role. I got lucky so I won't rub it in what I do for mine.

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
Those pics are out there, I don't buy into him having some mythical streamlined midsection. I've watched some of his posing routines (from last year I think) and his gut was okay until he turned away from the audience for his back poses. When he relaxes/breathes out/doesn't execute full control of his stomach it looks as bad as any other bloated-belly Pro.

I don't dislike him, I think his physique when he brings his A Game is worthy of a top 3-5 Olympia spot. But personally I just don't see him in the same league as someone like Dexter, Cedric or even Jay or Phil.

Just my 2c of course MF.

if you know anything about BB poses then you wouldnt be saying that. they purposely push their guts out to tighten up lumbar area on back poses. not flaming on you though, just an information.:)

narcissus79

narcissus79

Oct 17, 2012
The high lats and teeny tiny calves will keep him from ever winning the O.
And the fact he's European.. they rarely score well. I always thought Ronnie Rockel should have always placed higher at Mr O's than he did. He had an amazingly thick nuggety physique without the gut.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
if you know anything about BB poses then you wouldnt be saying that. they purposely push their guts out to tighten up lumbar area on back poses. not flaming on you though, just an information.:)
I'm a powerlifter although I did spend a number of years as a BB'er back in my mid 20's, but nobody ever told or taught me to do that when I was posing.

Thanks for the heads up, I had no idea that was the reason why they let their guts go when they turned around. I just presumed with their back to the judges it gave them a chance to relax a fraction and give their midsection a brief rest. MF.

WidowMaker

WidowMaker

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2013
Wolf is a great bb'er even with his flaws.
Speaking of which; I need to hit the gym and work on mine!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic