What's New?

Dennis Wolf

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
Dennis Wolf

image.jpg

Wolf has always been an uncrowned bodybuilder to me, by far one of my fav physiques in the pros.

Thoughts on Wolf?

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Dennis' long torso makes his lats land high in a back pose. It's something he has been improving on but in my opinion is still somewhat of an Achilles heel. He could also benefit from a slightly larger quad sweep.

When they get as good as wolf, the only way to critique is by pointing out weaknesses. Wolf is an insanely good bodybuilder.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I'm a fan too... His calves are a weakness for sure.

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
I'd love to see some of his training routines/programs he's done... Anyone have any?

P

Pharmacyclist

Jun 18, 2012
I agree, Wolf is one of my favorites as well. Very Arnold-esque build and upper body mass. I think the thing with him is just continuity. His lower body, which does look great, just doesn't match his upper body mass. Makes for an almost abrupt 50/50 line separating upper and lower body. Plus I like him because he's a badass, he used to have cigarettes and diet coke during his contest preps haha. Wolf don't care!

kbordner

kbordner

VIP Pops
Dec 18, 2012
My favorite...looks like a tank...none of that 300iu insulin bloat look......

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
My favorite...looks like a tank...none of that 300iu insulin bloat look......
Those pics are out there, I don't buy into him having some mythical streamlined midsection. I've watched some of his posing routines (from last year I think) and his gut was okay until he turned away from the audience for his back poses. When he relaxes/breathes out/doesn't execute full control of his stomach it looks as bad as any other bloated-belly Pro.

I don't dislike him, I think his physique when he brings his A Game is worthy of a top 3-5 Olympia spot. But personally I just don't see him in the same league as someone like Dexter, Cedric or even Jay or Phil.

Just my 2c of course MF.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
The high lats and teeny tiny calves will keep him from ever winning the O.

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
The high lats and teeny tiny calves will keep him from ever winning the O.

Unfortunately I have the same calve problem he does :(... Currently I'm doing calves 40-50rep 3-4 sets after every workout... Seems to be giving the best progress yet but still are not even close to being a standout muscle on me... But gonna keep at it

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Unfortunately I have the same calve problem he does :(... Currently I'm doing calves 40-50rep 3-4 sets after every workout... Seems to be giving the best progress yet but still are not even close to being a standout muscle on me... But gonna keep at it

They are a hard muscle to stimulate growth in. Seems whatever genetics gave you is gonna be 90% of what you end up with. Mine suck too. But I still pound them 3x a week.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic