Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Decimilisation

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
Decimilisation....have you had to go through the change over to Decimilisation or are you expecting it in the future? Did you find it difficult?
Why haven't we Decimilised the time yet?

Last edited:
AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Decimalisation is the process of converting an existing currency from traditional denominations to a decimal system.

The logical appeal of decimalisation in general has generally been much more popular in currency than in physical measurements,[citation needed] and few countries have coupled the two processes.[citation needed]

All countries that had non-decimal currencies have decimalised, at least in practice.

are you in the UK stumpy?

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
Decimalisation is the process of converting an existing currency from traditional denominations to a decimal system.

The logical appeal of decimalisation in general has generally been much more popular in currency than in physical measurements,[citation needed] and few countries have coupled the two processes.[citation needed]

All countries that had non-decimal currencies have decimalised, at least in practice.

are you in the UK stumpy?

I know what it is, I'm from UK but think it all changed over before I was born. Didn't Canada change over recently? Still curious as to why we haven't changed the clocks over.

Fish77

Fish77

VIP Member
Dec 24, 2010
No, did not even know what it was 5 mins ago.

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
most world currencies are decimal based as the CAD has been since Dominion of Canada formation in 1867 (it was used even before that though as DoC was in existence it just didn't include all provinces)

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
I was meaning more towards measurement and also time.

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
I was meaning more towards measurement and also time.

Canada went metric for measurement in the 70s (though legally we can use both and functionally we do). I don't think anyone uses it for time beyond specific industries.

Last edited:
AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
I know what it is, I'm from UK but think it all changed over before I was born. Didn't Canada change over recently? Still curious as to why we haven't changed the clocks over.

LOL i knew you knew what it was. i posted the the definition because i figured many others, myself included, wouldnt be clear on what you were talking about. so to save them googling, i just posted the definition :D

Shovel

Shovel

Oct 21, 2010
Since Stump posted this, I'm still waitin for the punch line... Haha

GreatGunz

GreatGunz

VIP
Jun 10, 2011
Huh,didn't know what it was till I read this

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic