severedthumbz
What's New?

Deadlifts at beginning or end of back workout

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
First or they don't get done because I am shot after everything else.

VULT

VULT

Sep 25, 2010
You should do them first. It's an all or nothing power movement and the last thing you want is to pre-exhaust anything. Some powerlifters dedicate a day to deads only.

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
I like to do all my major compound exercises at the beginning, especially deads just because they incorporate so many different muscle groups.

W1LL

W1LL

Oct 5, 2010
if building strength is your main concern. doing it first would be best, if you're concerned with muscle growth i'd do it at the end.

AWARE72

AWARE72

MuscleHead
Oct 17, 2010
I've done then both way, however right now I do them last, same thing with squats

Allen

Allen

Oct 7, 2010
There is no right or wrong its about the context of your program. If you are training for just strength then you should do it towards the beginning, but if you doing it for development then it can and should be placed at different positions in the workout.

To properly develope a muscle its not all about how much you lift, but how much stress the muscle is under. Obviously if you do deadlifts towards the end of the workout the weight will be less but that doesn't mean its any less effective. Just maintain proper form and don't go to failure. Its a n excuse when someone says they are more likely to get injured. That has nothing to do with at what point you do the lift thats about training with your ego and letting form go to sh*t.

Too many people get caught up in just adding weight to the bar to progress, but that has a ceiling effect. Learn how to work the muscle harder and more effciently and getting it to work on every set of every rep and not just move the weight from point A to point B.

GodSize

GodSize

Sep 23, 2010
First. After compound movements everything else is just fine-tuning.

B

bigscott

Oct 22, 2010
i do them last . i am not going to fuck up the rest of my workout by doing them first and being very warmed and good blood flow from doing the rest of my back gives me less chance for injury

Last edited:
IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
I do mine on leg day... sometimes first after a good warm up... sometimes last... The best lifts are when I do them first... However, I also alternate Squats and Deads from week to week... Prolly why my legs dont grow well...

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
Deads are my favorite exercise. Quick warmup a few light sets and go hard into my working sets. This sets my tone for the day.

Needswork

Needswork

Dec 19, 2011
I have to do them last or I'm doing the rest of my work out looking at little white spots.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic