Members
Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter

Deadlifting Tips

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
The biggest mistake I see all the time, even saw this at a meet last weekend, is not dropping the hips and getting the leg drive for the initial portion of the lift. People want to RDL it up and your lower back will never out lift your legs. Drop those hips and drive your legs through the floor. Saw a kid miss 650lbs b/c of this and he could have easily made it.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
The biggest mistake I see all the time, even saw this at a meet last weekend, is not dropping the hips and getting the leg drive for the initial portion of the lift. People want to RDL it up and your lower back will never out lift your legs.
^^^not to mention that this is an easy way to fuck your back up.
i've done it...

F

Flathead

Jul 20, 2011
The biggest mistake I see all the time, even saw this at a meet last weekend, is not dropping the hips and getting the leg drive for the initial portion of the lift. People want to RDL it up and your lower back will never out lift your legs. Drop those hips and drive your legs through the floor. Saw a kid miss 650lbs b/c of this and he could have easily made it.

This ^^^

A lot of people don't understand that the dead is a Ham/Glute dominate exercise. It's all about exploding through your heels & your lower back involvement is no more than icing on the cake.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic