Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss

deadlift is lagging please help

Jimbo999

Jimbo999

Apr 22, 2014
I do have a problem with the bar drifting forward. I don't think I've got the pulling the bar back part of the technique right at the moment. I did try wedging in on my deficit deadlifts this week and 190kg did seem to come off the floor easier. I've also slightly widen my foot position hopefully to get more quad drive. I was trying to grip and rip rather than wind up into the lift. Thanks for the advise porky. I'm sure it's not a strength issue as I can squat 210 fairly easily and pretty upright so I figure my back is ok strength wise. I've never had any real coaching on any of the powerlifts. Just what I've learned from YouTube.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
I do have a problem with the bar drifting forward. I don't think I've got the pulling the bar back part of the technique right at the moment. I did try wedging in on my deficit deadlifts this week and 190kg did seem to come off the floor easier. I've also slightly widen my foot position hopefully to get more quad drive. I was trying to grip and rip rather than wind up into the lift. Thanks for the advise porky. I'm sure it's not a strength issue as I can squat 210 fairly easily and pretty upright so I figure my back is ok strength wise. I've never had any real coaching on any of the powerlifts. Just what I've learned from YouTube.

My wife had the drifting forward problem. I tweaked her set-up, which without seeing yours, I have no idea, and also, a hefty dose of chair deadlifts.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic