Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Day Trading or Long term?

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
CSIQ and TSL both rallied today after being down. Wish I would have stayed long and walked away from the computer

What's your thoughts on Pandora? (P) Make zero sense to me why this stock continues to go up while Apple is taking away customers with iRadio

P is another one of those high-beta names with a very high top line growth and high valuation that has outrun the overall market and will likely sell off harder when things get ugly. If I owned it, I'd be taking most or all of it off the table now - it's up 200% in the past year.

I personally wouldn't get in long on it now myself. And if anyone did take a light long stock position, it would be a good idea to buy a put on it if you could get it at a decent price. An actual short stock position with no upside cover can be quite risky on these types as well. It's one of those that moves a great deal in both directions.

Since I'm pretty bearish overall, if I was gonna do anything here myself, I'd buy a put. If you're more optimistic on the overall short term to mid term picture, both a put and a call would probably be a safe way to speculate on something like this at the price it's riding at now.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
Yes, that's right we did . keep an on on J& J, soon to catch fire . They're both up in front of the FDA Friday

J&J is a tad bit too hot for my tastes right now, but I do hope it goes your way there.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
I kinda like First Solar for a pretty speculative nibble, but it's not anything I'm betting the ranch on. It's the kind of volatile thing I like to buy when it looks good and usually also buy a put on. The same way I like to do with the Chipotles, NFLXs, and even AAPLS and GOOGs, etc when I own them. But I won't put nearly as much $ into FSLR as I will the bigger names in the more stable industries.

I'd put DANG in a similar category - pretty speculative, but they have very strong revenue growth and plenty of daily volume. China is making a comeback recently.

Speaking of FSLR, they're WAY up today on earnings news:

http://quotes.morningstar.com/stock/s?t=FSLR&region=USA

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
haha yea I bailed and still made a few bucks. I'm staying away from that stock. It's way too manipulated.

I've been making great money on solars. Killed it on SUNE today

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
I'm continuing to play solars and I've made more money in the last 2 weeks because of it. CSIQ and TSL yesterday. Also RMTI broke out.

TSL looking to breakout today past that 17.80 mark

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
I'm contemplating of buying the VIX futures outright in the near future. This market has been on a tear, and there's one thing I know. Whenever there is a dramatic spike up in a short amount of time, there is an tremendous drop to follow. Call me a contrarian, but when everyone on the financial news networks screams buy buy buy, it's really time to sell imho.

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
I'm contemplating of buying the VIX futures outright in the near future. This market has been on a tear, and there's one thing I know. Whenever there is a dramatic spike up in a short amount of time, there is an tremendous drop to follow. Call me a contrarian, but when everyone on the financial news networks screams buy buy buy, it's really time to sell imho.

I dunno man. I've been getting killed all year trying to time pullbacks with uvxy/tvix. RSI/14 is still in the 50s on the SPX daily chart. It can easily hit 70s before pulling back. Next week the FED is offloading the primary dealers of nearly 15B in bonds; this usually results in a big rally. However, if we are going to pull back it will be next week but only to set up the black Friday rally till year end to get the sheeple to part with their cash for useless baubles and trinkets.

I'll probably wait out a pullback and short tvix for the holiday rally.

plan your trade and trade your plan

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic