Latest Member
Nickobat
What's New?

Dangerous Criminals

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Hey at least steroid users aren't the only dangerous criminals being hunted down!

3 girls busted for illegal lemonade stand
'We were not aware of how the lemonade was made, who made the lemonade, of what the lemonade was made with,' says police chief in Midway, Ga.

Three girls trying to raise money to go to a waterpark thought that a lemonade stand would do the trick. But then they met the long arm of the law — their local police chief.

..The girls had started up their stand in Midway, Ga., when Police Chief Kelly Morningstar and a deputy drove by.

"They told us to shut it down," 10-year-old Skylar Roberts was quoted as saying by The Coastal Source news website.

"It’s kind of crazy that we couldn’t sell lemonade," added 14-year-old Casity Dixon. "It was fun, but we had to listen to the cops and shut it down."

Morningstar defended his action and received the support of Midway's mayor. "We had told them, 'We understand you guys are young, but still, you’re breaking the law, and we can’t let you do it anymore,'" Morningstar said. "The law is the law, and we have to be consistent with how we enforce the laws."

That city law requires a business and food permits ($50 a day), even if the stand was at the home of one of the girls.

Health issues were also a concern, Morningstar said. "We were not aware of how the lemonade was made, who made the lemonade, of what the lemonade was made with, so we acted accordingly by city ordinance,” he said.

News of the bust caused an outpouring of local support for the trio — and The Coastal Source said it had given the girls tickets to the waterpark.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
These things pop up in the news every summer... It's either a Health Inspector or a Pig who shuts it down and its totally ridiculous... I for one at least take comfort in knowing that there are a bunch more people who will grow up hating the cops as much as I do :)

hardbody

hardbody

Mar 2, 2011
his-authoritah-south-park-demotivational-poster.jpg

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
my favorite song

Last edited by a moderator:
His Grizzness

His Grizzness

May 18, 2011
Well, in some sense, it is cool that they're being consistent. If an adult wants to sell hotdogs on the street corner, dude needs licences and shit. What's the difference?

irish_2003

irish_2003

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
in addition they should have a retail license and tax id also

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
IMO law is a subjective thing empowered only by the elected enforcer, not the paper on which it is written. We could all be nit-picked to death about minor infractions committed every day, but it would be a waste of time and resources. The point of the post is that their are more important issues at hand. I have no problem with a cop arresting jay-walkers all day long PROVIDED he has already cleaned the streets of EVERY person selling dangerous drugs, every rapist, every theif, every murderer, every child molester, etc. To serve and protect, taht is their call. And in order to protect something you must eliminate all threats, starting with the most dangerous not the most convenient.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Maybe there is nothing else for the cops to do in Midway, GA.

Lets move there and take the town over Mayo, the mayor and the sheriff are busy busting the ade dealers!

His Grizzness

His Grizzness

May 18, 2011
IMO law is a subjective thing empowered only by the elected enforcer, not the paper on which it is written. We could all be nit-picked to death about minor infractions committed every day, but it would be a waste of time and resources. The point of the post is that their are more important issues at hand. I have no problem with a cop arresting jay-walkers all day long PROVIDED he has already cleaned the streets of EVERY person selling dangerous drugs, every rapist, every theif, every murderer, every child molester, etc. To serve and protect, taht is their call. And in order to protect something you must eliminate all threats, starting with the most dangerous not the most convenient.

You have a concrete figure of how many of those there are? No? Didn't think so. You can't ever prove you've taken care of all of them.

Furthermore, YOUR definition of "dangerous drugs" and other people's will vary.

You're being even more subjective in your enforcement of the law than those terrible people you talk about being subjective.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Lol, fuck you asshole....hope u wreck ur squad car. I dunno, it made sense to me. As for the concrete figure on dangerous criminals....most of them are color-coded for convenience. :)

BTW...dangerous drugs are defined as any drug that I don't use...list subject to change without notice.

His Grizzness

His Grizzness

May 18, 2011
Lol, fuck you asshole....hope u wreck ur squad car. I dunno, it made sense to me. As for the concrete figure on dangerous criminals....most of them are color-coded for convenience. :)

BTW...dangerous drugs are defined as any drug that I don't use...list subject to change without notice.

LMMFAO! Especially the "color-coded" part. Hahahahahahayhahahahahayhahahah!

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
he said color coded!!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!

Those little girls probably told "Officer Hard-Ass" that he too would have to pay a dollar for his lemon aide and he got pissed and shut them down...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic