Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Damn Elbow Again

C

centnj

Jan 18, 2013
Please be careful, I had elbow pain for a few months and ignored it. Well a couple of weeks ago I was bench pressing and I severed my tricep from the elbow. I know it is a pain to go get these aches and pains checked out but I wish I had. Just had surgery yesterday and now I am out of comishing or a long longtime. Good luck!

Reactions: DF
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Tendonitis is caused by an imbalance. If your pain is in the inside of your elbow it's b/c you're extensor muscles have not be worked enough and your flexors are overworked. You also need to stretch out your flexors.

Number LL

Number LL

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2010
I did have a very detailed MRI done on it a while back. Basically the doctor said in layman terms the connector under my bicep that connects to your forearm is grizzly like a bad steak. I'm not sure they can do anything with that. I need to schedule an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon to take a look at it. I may just have to live with it since I don't compete--this is a hobby.

63Vette

63Vette

Apr 2, 2012
I also use an elbow wrap. Sometimes I just use a jumper strap (made for the knee and does wonders). On back/bi days I take 800mg iboprophen around 1-2am. I work out at 430am. I also like to use DMSO two to three times a week.

This is the most annoying, debilitating, pain-in-the-ass, nagging injury I have ever had.

Best of luck my friend,
Vette

D

Driz1

Jun 14, 2013
Hey I'm new here but thought I'd chime in...

Get an MRI. I worked through a torn tricep tendon then one day BAM. The tricep fully ruptured. I had surgery 5/2 and am also out of commission until roughly August.

Get the MRI if u can.

Number LL

Number LL

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2010
I actually did get a very detailed MRI. It showed almost nothing left. They said it was like gristle on your steak. The weird thing is it on the inside of my elbow were the connections are between upper and lower arm.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic