Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Damn Elbow Again

Number LL

Number LL

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2010
I had a pretty long break from the weightroom. I started back a few weeks ago and right off the bat my right elbow started hurting with curls. Hammers are okay but even with an EZ curl bar and my hands turned in a little it hurts pretty bad. It is on the outside on the joint.

Any suggestions? Any therapy I could do at home?

S

starquest maniac

Oct 11, 2012
Generally, from what I have always seen, and at one point I did. Is we tend to go just a tad heavy on curls which is fine. As long as you are taking the forearm out of the equation. If it helps ya, make sure your wrist are kicked back a bit. You will drop weight on lifts, but it focuses more directly on the bicep heads. And relieveing the elbows from so much stress. This would also apply for French Presses and Scull Crushers..........

Number LL

Number LL

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2010
I just started back so just EZ bar curling 50lbs or so. It hurts. I moved up to 60lbs. and worked through the pain. It doesn't hurt afterward. A year ago I was curling over 100lbs. for reps with a EZ bar. My elbow would hurt a little but not like it does now.

It sucks getting old! :)

B

Bbanner

Nov 5, 2012
Ibuprofen before you workout should help with inflammation and pain. Try not to go crazy with the movements that really hurt. Remember... curls are for the girls.

extremevet

extremevet

MuscleHead
Oct 18, 2011
Sounds like you have tennis elbow. there is a good article here about it.

Number LL

Number LL

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2010
The ART my chiropractor is using seems to be helping slowly. He is working all the muscles and tendons from my elbow to my wrist.

All check out the article extreme.

nychris

nychris

MuscleHead
Oct 12, 2012
Lay it off for a few days and take ibuprofen every 4 hours for a few days to get the inflammation down. When you go back to the gym, try wearing neoprene elbow sleeves when you curl or do anything that hurts your elbows.

ccpro

ccpro

Nov 15, 2012
This a recurring problem for me...tendinitis. I've found very low weight and let your arm extend out all the way as to stretch your tendons/biceps completely. It will hurt but with light weight your simply stretching it out. You may have to stay light for several months as I did but eventually you'll work your way back up.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
The ART my chiropractor is using seems to be helping slowly. He is working all the muscles and tendons from my elbow to my wrist.

All check out the article extreme.

Ask him about Graston technique. I beat tennis elbow with ART and Graston.

Number LL

Number LL

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2010
Lay it off for a few days and take ibuprofen every 4 hours for a few days to get the inflammation down. When you go back to the gym, try wearing neoprene elbow sleeves when you curl or do anything that hurts your elbows.

I'm not sure if that would really help much other then lighten the load a little. The reason is that my elbow will not let my forearm supinate. I think it is a combination of an injury from birth and years of beating the crap out of it in football as an offensive lineman. :) I won't even try to curl with a flat bar. That would hurt like a MFer. Hammers are fine but don't work the bicep as much so I have stuck with EZ curl bars.

Times Roman

Times Roman

MuscleHead
Oct 27, 2012
I had a pretty long break from the weightroom. I started back a few weeks ago and right off the bat my right elbow started hurting with curls. Hammers are okay but even with an EZ curl bar and my hands turned in a little it hurts pretty bad. It is on the outside on the joint.

Any suggestions? Any therapy I could do at home?

I get the same damn thing.

Switch your routine. If you are hitting tri's, then do the overhead pushdown with a rope. stopped my elbow pain immediately.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic