Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Cycling, not the kind usually mentioned here.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
Thank you, I couldn't remember if it was the sprinters that had large legs or the climbers. Now what's the difference in the way each one rides? Are the sprinters going to be pushing hard against higher gears at a lower cadence or still keeping RPM's relatively high?
A climber is going to keep higher steady cadence and have much more endurance and be a much lighter rider than a sprinter. His place on the team is to advance the team in climbing stages and take more pulls. This rider is never going to win a race but his team could never win the race without him. That's why in the tdf there I'd the honor of getting the polkadot king of the mountain jersey.

The sprinter is going to be The largest rider on the team. He's going to sprint to the end of stages and take wins Or prevent his team from being gapped too much by the leader. He will have been taking less pulls than everyone else to save his legs.

Last edited:
kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
AzUxanBCIAAxlRH.jpg

The German track cyclist Robert Forstemann has some pretty impressive legs on him as does British track legend Sir Chris Hoy .

I ride a singlespeed Cinelli to commute to work and on some longer rides , all up I hit about 70 miles a week .

N

noobden

May 16, 2013
knee arthritis here otherwise i would ride the shit out of my bike.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Love cycling, I used to ride heaps and regularly logged 400-500km weeks. I have a couple of road bikes, one's for road races and the other is setup for Ironman.

348_31128363719_6677_n.jpg

195_10797823719_5377_n.jpg

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Some days i only get in 6 miles, commuting to and from work but when i want to ride, its a 20+ mile day. Honestly i dont know my mileage right now, dont have an odometer yet. back in the day it was anywhere from 30-60 on a saturday morning though.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
I got into cycling last year. I love it. Wed is my off day for lifting, and I will be heading out to do a quick 20mi shortly. I try to do 40 on Sat and Sundays, but this is basically my last week of riding until the spring. I got football season coming up. I did a 65mi charity ride early in the spring. Was a good time. I signed up for my first sanctioned race a few weeks ago. Paid $50 entry fee, and got a flat tire 1/2 mi into the race. I basically pissed away $50.

I get some funny looks on some group rides I occasionally do. The 220lb dude sticks out in a sea of 150 pounders lol. I got my first real road bike this spring. I was riding a hand-me-down hybrid last year that was to small. I wanted to make sure I really liked it before I made the investment though. I've been getting 80-100 miles a week all season, so I'm not doing to bad.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
MF, you wanted to be in the sound of music?

SIck legs on that German KG

Fish77

Fish77

VIP Member
Dec 24, 2010
Used to cycle a lot, but two kids have taken my weekends and nights. I do not have a car, so ride everyday but not many long rides anymore. 20 miles is about the max, unless a friend comes in town. Wife has a minivan so we are not car free, but I don't drive. I am a bit of a bike addict, so own more than I like to say (way more than my wife likes me to have). I even have a folder so it can stay under my desk at work during the day. Not my favorite to ride, but no one can make me walk home by snagging my bike.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
been doing 15-20 miles before work about 3 times a week now. Found a local group that does weekly rides but theyre late at night on wednesdays. probly a bunch of unemployed hippies or 20-somethings still living off their parents... we'll see, im sure i can find some rides that work with my job and having 3 kids...

Aug 2, 2013
How do you guys deal with the unavoidable people that yell out of their car windows? There must be something in the water here bc the last two days I've had everything from chicks screaming "woooo sexy" to a bunch of dudes calling me a p***y (which confused me bc I was the one pedaling my a** off in 95 degree heat, while they were blasting the a/c in a car, f*** me right?). Usually I will get these random comments at least once every few days, most of the time I just wanna hop off my bike and put someone in the hospital, but I do get the occasional encouragement that does restore my faith in humanity.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
How do you guys deal with the unavoidable people that yell out of their car windows? There must be something in the water here bc the last two days I've had everything from chicks screaming "woooo sexy" to a bunch of dudes calling me a p***y (which confused me bc I was the one pedaling my a** off in 95 degree heat, while they were blasting the a/c in a car, f*** me right?). Usually I will get these random comments at least once every few days, most of the time I just wanna hop off my bike and put someone in the hospital, but I do get the occasional encouragement that does restore my faith in humanity.
Knock on their window at the next red light. Maybe stab out a tire if they actually put me in danger. Just remind people that the cage they are riding in won't always protect them.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic