Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Cyclical Ketogenic Diet Notes

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Sorry I haven't kept this up, life was in the way a bit. Been doing great on this diet - I think... So hear is my data for the 15th until today.

September 15

8db0fc46.jpg

Meal 1
4 eggs, 2 egg whites fried in coconut butter

Meal 2
8 Ounces 85% ground beef fried in butter

Meal 3
8 ounces 85% ground beef fried in butter
Green Beans

Meal 4 (came up short of meals and packed 2 meals cals into one)
5 hot dogs
4 slices of bacon
Lettuce w/ sesame oil/vinegar dressing

September 16 CARB UP DAY

9b8dcb54.jpg

Meal 1
4 whole eggs, 2 whites fried in coconut oil

Meal 2
Beef round (roast beef sammich no bun)
2 Tablespoons MAYO

Pre-Workout
2 apples

Meal 3 - Post Workout
Lee Labrada Power Carb (Karbolyn) 100g carbs
2 scoops Isopure 50g protein

Felt kinda shitty about an hour after this. Like my head was gonna explode. Almost like high BP or something.
Meal 4
4 egg whites
1 huge hamburger bun

Meal 5
1/2 box of Lucky Charms (that was fucking awesome!)
2 cups milk

Meal 6
1/2 rack ribs
1/2 box Kraft Mac and Cheese

Snack - Big serving of animal crackers

September 17 Carb Day 2

6561bc77.jpg
o

Meal 1
6 Aunt Jemima Confetti Pancakes w/ syrup
6 Egg Whites

Snack
2 Cups Berry Kix - Kid Tested PoB Approved mutha fucka!

Meal 2
Chicken salad w/ avacado on wheat
Potato skins w/ cheese and bacon and sour cream (out to eat... WITH A GIRL!)

Meal 3
2 Scoops Isopure
1/2 Box Annies Natural White Cheddar Mac and Cheese

September 18

77af79c3.jpg

Meal 1
4 fried eggs 2 egg whites
4 breakfast sausages

Meal 2
8oz 85% ground beef

Meal 3
8oz 85% ground beef

Meal 4
2 8oz 85% burgers
2 fried eggs

Meal 5
4TB Peanut Butter
1/4 cup cashews mixed in

September 19

3b1f860d.jpg

Meal 1
4 fried eggs
2 egg whites
4 breakfast sausages

Meal 2
8oz 85% ground beef

Meal 3
2 Scoops Isopure
1/4 cup heavy cream

Meal 4
8oz 85% ground beef
4 Betancourt Glutamine chewables (6 carbs so I recorded it :D)

Meal 5
8oz 85% ground beef

Meal 6
Caesar Salad
10 Ounce Ribeye
Greenbeans

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Still sticking to CKD?
Did you do your first carb-up? How'd it go?

Gotta plan better for the carb up days. Did OK saturday as far as ratios, but friday was kinda messed up because its only half a carb up day. I felt kinda messed up from the 100 gram karbolyn blast post workout. Those carbs felt like they rushed my head... it was fun eating lucky charms, but I was actually looking forward to sunday morning when I could get back to this normal diet. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Gotta plan better for the carb up days. Did OK saturday as far as ratios, but friday was kinda messed up because its only half a carb up day. I felt kinda messed up from the 100 gram karbolyn blast post workout. Those carbs felt like they rushed my head... it was fun eating lucky charms, but I was actually looking forward to sunday morning when I could get back to this normal diet. Let me know if you have any suggestions.
I used to try to track my Fridays when I went to carb up on Friday afternoon, but it all looked like a mess in my log, so I stopped all tracking on Friday and Saturday. Lucky Charms lolz... I head for a Pop Tart for some reason :D

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Btw... on Nutrition Menu, you can go to More tab and select Journal Settings and pick to only show Cals, Carbs, Protein and Fat on your chart.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I used to try to track my Fridays when I went to carb up on Friday afternoon, but it all looked like a mess in my log, so I stopped all tracking on Friday and Saturday. Lucky Charms lolz... I head for a Pop Tart for some reason :D

LMAO I actually had a pop tart on saturday!! I forgot to log it!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Btw... on Nutrition Menu, you can go to More tab and select Journal Settings and pick to only show Cals, Carbs, Protein and Fat on your chart.

I'll give this app a couple more days, but the database for foods kinda sucks. Dailyburn's is way more expansive.

G

GOAL200

Jan 15, 2011
Pillar add some fish to your diet bro. You don't need to add fat to those meals, and the fats are all healthy. You should also be poppin Fish Oil pills to supplement. Just add 2 or 3 to a couple of your meals every day. Fish oil helps to burn fat/ups your metabolism. Seems like you are focusing heavily on red meat. Is there a reason? Just for higher calories? Cus if that's the case, try some turkey or chicken breast with sliced avocado on top. It's good to mix it up.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Pillar add some fish to your diet bro. You don't need to add fat to those meals, and the fats are all healthy. You should also be poppin Fish Oil pills to supplement. Just add 2 or 3 to a couple of your meals every day. Fish oil helps to burn fat/ups your metabolism. Seems like you are focusing heavily on red meat. Is there a reason? Just for higher calories? Cus if that's the case, try some turkey or chicken breast with sliced avocado on top. It's good to mix it up.

I take a fish oil supp daily morning and night actually. I'm not big on eating fish. I just don't enjoy the taste of it much... But I suppose I could slam down 1/2 pound of salmon a couple times a week. Or if I can find tuna steaks at a decent price I'll just eat that shit raw. I was sticking with the beef mostly because I've eaten so many god damn chicken breasts over the years that it was like a vacation lol... I suppose a chicken breast fried in coconut oil and smeared with some avocado wouldn't be so bad. Or chopped up into a salad w/ mayo, avocado or olives.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Sept 20

Peed on a thing, back in keto... I feel like a fat fuck today... Hopefully just water or something, but I hate feeling like this. Seems like sometimes my abdomen tightens up nice and later on I'll feel all fat and shit. I hate it. Anyway, feelin good otherwise. plenty of energy. Not sure if its dietary, but I'm sore as hell lately. Takes an extra day to recover and hurts like hell. I had scaled back the weights because of the reduced cals I'm eating... I grabbed some chewable glutamine tabs from Betancourt Nutrition. Maybe that'll help out.

Meal 1
4 eggs, 2 whites

Meal 2
Hit the emergency PB and cashews stash at work

Meal 3 (Post Workout)
2 Scoops Isopure
1/2 Cup heavy cream

Meal 4
Bk Double Stacker

Meal 5
2 Italian Sausages

Meal 6
Huge Caesar Salad

I might eat a couple TB of PB before bed if I'm starving just so i sleep well.

Sept20.png

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Sept 21

Meal 1
4 eggs, 2 whites

Meal 2
2 Italian Sausages, Olive Oil

Meal 3
1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
2 Scoops Isopure

Meal 4
2 85% burgers

Meal 5
Sirloin (too lean!!!)
Butt-load of broccoli with butter

Snack
4TB Peanut Butter

Sept21-1-1.png

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Sept 21

Feeling good today. Its almost like a high or something. Maybe I'm just exhausted though lol... But I'm still very much loving this diet. Its fun to review the log, get some feed back from you guys and tweak it. For example, Goal mentioned I should get some fish in. So I had some fish today... Everyone was saying eat some greens - so I eat greens.

However, I don't think the fat loss is as dramatic as has been described for this diet; although I haven't weighed myself. I'd prefer to do this in the mirror, but I need to make sure that the weight is actually dropping. Maybe I'm eating too much still, or maybe I'm just being impatient. But I'm tempted to skip this weekends carb up, or at least just limit it to just friday postworkout until bedtime. Let me know your thoughts.

Meal 1
6 Breakfast sausages
1 scoop whey

Meal 2
2 italian sausages

Meal 3
8oz ground beef 85%

Meal 4
8oz ground beef 85%

Meal 5
Creamed spinach
Tuna w/mayo - 1 can plus 4TB mayo. It was basically cold tuna soup. It was a bowl of mayo with the essence of tuna lol

Sept22.png

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic